Funding A

For further information on EU students' entitlement to student funding visit the UKCISA website.

Funding for EU Students

If you are an EU or EEA student who is resident in the UK, you may be eligible to receive the same funding as a UK student. Please check the UKCISA website for further details.

Undergraduate EU students can apply for a Tuition Fee Loan. You must apply to Student Finance England for this loan. You will not be eligible for this loan if you are a national of a country that is part of the EEA, but not the EU. EU students are not eligible for maintenance loans or grants, or to apply to the Hardship and Retention Fund.

If you are an EU student starting an undergraduate course at the university in September 2012 or after, you will be eligible for the Access to Exeter Bursary, as long as your household income is below the threshold for each scheme. In order to apply you will need to have your household income assessed by Student Finance England. To do this you will need to complete a Higher Education Bursary Application Form (EU17B) . This will be sent to you automatically if you complete an application for a tuition fee loan.

PGCE students may be eligible for the Teacher Training Bursary.

Special Emergency Loan Scheme (SELS)

This fund is to help European students of the University of Exeter who are in financial hardship.

To be eligible, you will need to show that you have suffered an unexpected financial difficulty which has left you in hardship. This could be, for example, where a government or corporate sponsor was proving slow to provide a student with living expenses, or where a student unexpectedly needs to return home for family reasons.

You will not be able to apply for support on the grounds that your national currency has depreciated, since this phenomenon will affect all students from a given country. A student who finds themselves in financial hardship due to mismanagement of his/her finances will also not be eligible for support.

Financial assistance will normally be in the form of a loan, and is in most cases unlikely to be in excess of £500.

If you think you might need help from the Fund, please complete the below application form and submit via the Student Information desk.

Special Emergency Loan Application Form

Special Emergency Loan Guidance Notes

The rules regarding residency and immigration status are complex; if you are not sure whether you qualify, please contact the SID Desk on 0300 555 0444.

Prospective students can email, or call 0300 555 0444 (UK callers) or +44 (0)1392 724724 (International callers).