During the covid restrictions, Devon & Cornwall Police have advised that the usual 7 day deadline for police registration does not apply. However, if your visa requires you to register with the police you should do this as soon as practically possible.
If you are studying for more than 6 months and are from one of the countries listed below, you are required to register with the police within 7 days of arrival in the UK as a condition of your visa. There is flexibility to this timescale at the start of term (see 'Where to register' below) and for those who are required to self-isolate for 14 days on arrival.
|Turkey||Turkmenistan||United Arab Emirates||Ukraine||Uzbekistan||Yemen|
The police registration condition will be noted on your 90 day (previously 30 day) entry clearance vignette (visa sticker), or on your Home Office decision letter or electronic grant email. It is important that you arrange to register as soon as possible. It is an offence not to register and failure to register could have future immigration implications.
If your visa does not mention police registration and you are on the list of nationals who should expect to register, please contact us and we can advise you further.
Exeter Police station, EX2 7RY, at Middlemoor (Devon based students) and Camborne Police Enquiry Office (Cornwall based students) are open for registrations and updates. You must follow Covid secure arrangements such as wearing a face covering and maintaining social distancing.
Directions to Exeter Police Station
Exeter Police station is open 08.00-18.00 Monday - Saturday. You do not have to have an appointment but please ensure you have ALL documents, photocopies and correct fee in cash before travelling.
Travelling by bus from Streatham Campus: Bus 55 from campus to bus station, change to bus 9A to Middlemoor.
Travelling by bus from St Lukes: Bus 9A to Middlemoor from central bus station.
Travelling by train from Exeter: Exeter St Davids towards Exmouth (check train stops at Digby & Sowton). Exit Digby & Sowton and 7 minute walk to Police Station EX2 7RY.
You can check live travel updates here.
Whether you register on campus or at the Police Station you will need to follow these 3 steps:
- Download 'Report of Initial Registration of Foreign National’ (Form no.67)
- Print and complete the Report of Initial Registration of Foreign National form in English language. PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM IN BLOCK LETTERS in black ink.
- Bring your completed form and the following documents to the appointment:
Completed Form 67
Biometric Card (where applicable)
Yes, both sides
Personal details page, immigration stamp showing entry to UK
One passport sized photograph
University letter confirming student status*
£34 cash (exact change only)
- Log on to the iExeter student portal, click the Student Record tab and click the Student Record System link.
- Click 'Generate Self Service Letters'.
- Choose 'To Whom It May Concern' letter, click 'Next' and enter any additional details (if applicable).
- Preview your letter. Click 'Yes, these details are correct'. You can then choose to download your PDF or have your letter emailed to you.
- If your letter details are incorrect, click 'No, these details are incorrect' to contact SID. Any issues contact SID on 0300 555 0444
Collecting your certificate
If you registered on campus in September or October, you will collect your certificate from the Forum on Tuesday 30 November from 10.00-15.00
If you do not collect your certificate from campus you must go to the Police Station to collect it. The Police will keep your certificate for 1 year following registration. After this period, uncollected certificates will be destroyed. If you need to re register and you have not collected your certificate you will need to pay the registration fee (£34) again rather than upate your certificate for free.
Make sure that you’ve looked in all the usual places before notifying the police. If the certificate is lost then you can report this on www.reportmyloss.com. For stolen certificates, visit your local police station and let them know what has happened. You will then need to submit a new registration form and pay the £34 fee again.
You must update the police and your police registration certificate if you:
- move house
- extend your visa
- change your name
- Download the ‘Report of Change in Circumstances of Foreign National’ (Form no.66)
- Complete the Report of Change in Circumstances of Foreign National (Form no. 66) in English language. PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM IN BLOCK LETTERS and black pen.
- Take your completed form and your Police Registration Certificate (PRC), passport (plus photocopy if updated) and BRP (plus photocopy of both sides), to one of the Police Stations or to your on campus Police Registration appointment.
- The Station Enquiry Officer will endorse your PRC with the changes and return it to you while you are in the Police Station.