Getting help with Maths and Stats
Looking for help with Maths and Stats? There is a range of support for Maths and Stats available in Study Zone and around the University, whether you need help with your academic studies, research or graduate recruitment processes.
Maths and Stats 1-1 appointments
NEW: Study Zone now provides 1-1 appointments for Maths and Stats support. Our Maths and Stats Adviser can offer guidance and support on a number of skills, including:
Maths and Stats 1-1 appointments are 45 minutes long. Demand for appointments is high so we advise you to plan ahead to avoid disappointment.
Book an appointment online (MS teams) or on-campus. Please use the same booking link and indicate your location preference in your booking form.
Exeter's Q-Step Centre provides advanced training in quantitative research methods for undergraduates in the social sciences. Building on the core disciplines of Politics and International Relations, Criminology and Sociology, Q-Step programmes aim to increase the number of students undertaking quantitative methods training in social science by embedding research skills into substantive degree programmes and modules.
Find out more about the Q-Step Centre.
Proficiency in Applied Data Analysis (PADA)
Each academic year, the Q-Step Centre offers 20 students from all disciplines at Exeter the opportunity to undertake a Proficiency in Applied Data Analysis (PADA) that can be tagged onto their degree. For example, students in History, Law or Archaeology will be able to enrol in Q-Step modules, complete the proficiency, and have it designated in their degree title.
Find out more about PADA.
- mathcentre offers free resources to support maths development from school to university level in a range of disciplines.
- GCSE Maths (BBC) covers GCSE level maths for a range of topics.
- Revision Maths offers A level pure maths, stats, mechanics and calculus revision notes, as well as a range of GCSE level resources.
- TCAEP is published by the Institute of Physics as part of its comprehensive range of websites to support physics and physicists. It contains maths, science and astronomy content.
- BBC Skills Wise provides basic maths skills information and guidance.
- NRICH contains maths problems, games, and articles.
- S-cool is dedicated to school students. It has GCSE and A Level revision on a range of subjects including maths. Other key skills are also available here.
- WolframMathworld is a comprehensive and interactive website for advanced maths requirements.
- WolframAlpha provides an online integral calculator.
Additional maths information
- MathSciNet 'is an electronic publication offering access to a carefully maintained and easily searchable database of reviews, abstracts and bibliographic information for much of the mathematical sciences literature.'
- arXiv Cornell University Library 'Open access to e-prints in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Quantitative Biology and Statistics.'
- statstutor provides a variety of different resources including case study videos, video tutorials, teach yourself materials, tests and quizzes, and a statistics glossary.
- WolframMathworld offers extensive information on probability and statistics geared to the more advanced statistician.
- RevisionMaths covers a range of A level statistics topics using clear and basic language.
- HyperStat Online: Statistics Textbook covers a comprehensive array of statistics topics, generally using clear, basic language.
- Engineering Statistics Handbook is aimed at scientists and engineers wishing to incorporate statistical methods into their work as efficiently as possible.
Note that these are external websites, therefore we cannot guarantee their accessibility, reliability or accuracy. Please report any broken links to email@example.com.