Please scan the QR code above when visiting the space to allow us to keep track of numbers.
Welcome to Exehale
Exehale is a pop-up Wellbeing space in Devonshire House providing a quiet and relaxing area for all students. The space has been co-designed by students and staff from Wellbeing Services.
We hope that you enjoy the peaceful environment it provides and can make use of the Wellbeing resources inside.
Exehale is open for students to use during normal Devonshire House opening hours, seven days a week. Anyone using the room must take responsibility for adhering to Covid-19 safety guidance for the use of a shared space (instructions for using the room can be found on the walls and also at the bottom of this page). This is a pilot project for Term 3, and we want to make it work safely for everyone so that we can request that it be made a permanent space. We can only do this if we all work together to use the space responsibly.
When visiting the space, please check in using the QR code on the right. This will allow us to keep track of numbers to demonstrate use of the room.
If you have any questions or would like to give us some feedback about Exehale, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opening hours during summer vacation:
- Monday to Sunday - 08:00-22:00
If you would like to book the space during weekdays for a group activity (max. 6 people), please email email@example.com.
Booked slots are shown below. The room will be closed at these times.
Booked slots: Summer Vacation period 2020-21
|Monday 14 June|
|Tuesday 15 June||11.00-1.00||Chaplaincy|
|Wednesday 16 June|
|Thursday 17 June|
|Friday 18 June|
|Monday 21 June||11.00 - 12.00||Room closed for PC installation|
|Tuesday 22 June||11.00-1.00||Connexions Cafe (Chaplaincy)|
|Wednesday 23 June||11.00 - 1.00||Student Community Wardens- Security marking and household advice drop-in session
Come visit the Student Community Wardens to get your laptops, phones and other good stuff security-marked for free. Security marking and registering your valuables online can help you find stolen valuables in future.The Wardens can also offer advice to those worried about moving into private off-campus housing.
|Thursday 24 June|
|Friday 25 June|
Instructions for Room Use
All users of Exehale must abide by the following rules:
- In accordance with Covid-19 safety regulations, currently the maximum occupancy of this room at any one time is SIX. Do not enter if there are more than six people inside.
- If the room is already full, please wait for someone to leave. We ask that you abide by a one in, one out policy
- Please check in using the QR code above. This allows us to demonstrate how popular the space is and helps us with our aim of making the space permanent.
- Please wear a face covering inside Exehale. The recommended face covering is an IIR moisture resistant mask, which you have been supplied with by the University. If you do not have a face covering, there is a supply of spare masks inside Exehale so please make sure you wear one.
- Please sanitise your hands on entering and leaving the room using the sanitation point.
- Please keep windows open
- Please do not move furniture - chairs have been placed intentionally to abide by social distancing guidelines. In an exception, chairs can be moved to allow for wheelchair occupancy if needed.
- Respect the privacy of others using the space. This is a quiet room and not intended for socialising, so if you would like to chat with friends please find another space on campus.
- We have ‘do not disturb’ signs available inside Exehale to further signal to others your desire for privacy if necessary
Remember – if everyone can show that we can all use the room safely and in accordance with the guidance above, we have a much better chance to make this a permanent space to benefit all students in the future.