Skip to main content
Urgent Support


Contact your Education Support Advisor for Welfare (ESAW)

If your wellbeing is affecting your ability to study, our Education Support Advisors for Welfare, or ESAWs can dicsuss things with you in a confidential and non-judgemental way.   

For general queries about your studies you should first make contact with your personal tutor, then your College Info Point (or PGR Support Team for PGR students). 

If you have a long term health condition, a disability (such as specific learning difficulties or Autism Spectrum Conditions), or a mental health condition, we suggest that you also contact Wellbeing Services to discuss possible support options, including teaching and exam adjustments. You can find out more about how to book an appointment and declare a disability on our Wellbeing pages.

ESAWs are available through each of the college's Info Points.

Our ESAWs offer advice and support, usually through an initial Welfare Meeting or through the Health, Wellbeing & Support for Study (HWSS) process

They can offer telephone, video and face-to-face appointments (where appropriate). 

Info Point Disciplines ESAW contact
  • Art History & Visual Culture
  • Drama
  • English
  • Film Studies
  • Foreign Language Centre
  • Modern Languages
  • History
  • Classics and Ancient History
  • Theology and Religion
  • Liberal Arts, Archaeology
  • Politics, and International Relations
  • Sociology, Philosophy and Anthropology
  • Law
  • Geography
Building One All Business School discplines
Peter Chalk
  • Physics 
  • Biosciences
  • Natural Sciences
  • Flexible Combined Hons
  • Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies
  • Engineering
  • Mathematics
  • Computer Sciences
St Luke's All disciplines taught at St Luke's campus
PGR Postgraduate Research Students: all disciplines

If you are meeting your ESAW in person, you may wish to look at our campus maps for Streatham and St Luke's.