Global Leader Experience: Bucharest
Travel with the University of Exeter to Bucharest to develop your ability to lead from a truly global perspective. You will collaborate with Petrus Communications and play a part in tackling issues facing businesses, governments and societies worldwide.
A Global Leader Experience gives you an immersive international experience, challenging you to adapt and thrive in a new context while establishing a genuinely global network. It equips you with the tools you need to lead change, now and in the future.
- Be a global leader – develop your leadership skills and cultural intelligence (the ability to cross divides and thrive in multiple cultures)
- Change the world and bring fresh solutions to complex problems
- Develop networks with the breadth of relationships needed for success in today’s labour market
- Build your CV and add valuable international experience that employers seek
You will address major challenges the world is facing now and in the future, with possible areas including -
- Fraud and corruption
- Infrastructure to meet business growth requirements
- Education quality for all
- Skills availability to support economic growth
- Human trafficking
- Roma Community and Poverty
Meet leaders from global businesses, international not-for-profit organisations, associations and universities. This will help you and your fellow participants understand the challenge and find creative ideas to solve it.
Before applying please familiarise yourself with the FCO’s travel advice regarding Romania.
What is the eligibility criteria?
- You are an Undergraduate student at the University of Exeter
- You are not graduating in July 2019 (i.e. you are not in your final year)
- You have a good record of academic achievement
- You are able to travel from Sunday 21st – Saturday 27th July 2019
“Graduates face increasing competition when entering the labour market” (UUK, 2017)
Outward mobility gives students life-changing experiences and contributes to graduates’ skills and collaborative opportunities beyond the traditional academic outcomes a university offers (UUK, 2017).
Taking part in this type of cultural immersion will no doubt aid aspects of personal employability. As competition in the current labour market heightens, graduates are required to call upon skills and attributes during recruitment processes. Having an ‘International Experience’ and being able to articulate the knowledge acquired will set you apart from other candidates.
What funding is available?
Successful applicants will receive a scholarship which covers:
- Programme costs
How do I apply?
The application deadline is midnight on Sunday 23rd June 2019 and applications can be made here
Any queries please direct to email@example.com