Pagoda Summer Skills Session
Global Leaders Programme - Pagoda Summer Skills Session
Pagoda Projects are building the biggest & most inclusive global work experience programme. They partner with universities and governments to run award-winning in-person and remote internship programmes and online skills courses.
In the post-pandemic world, their mission remains focussed on increasing cultural understanding, developing employability skills and helping participants to gain valuable experiences in new and innovative ways.
This programme is designed for the students who are looking to enhance their future prospects through a fun and interactive summer course, with minimal commitment of time and that’s flexible to work around your busy lives!
This flexible skills session allows students to gain valuable work experience in an inter-cultural setting without any of the risks of travel. During this programme you will receive:
- A full induction to the Pagoda Projects App from a member of the UK team.
- Access to several digital courses focusing on improving cultural fluency, your employability, and digital skills.
- Paired with a cultural mentor from one of our amazing overseas destinations and provided the platform to discuss interesting topics selected by Pagoda.
- Invited to weekly live virtual events all themed on improving skills, cultural understanding, and interesting insight to a variety of industries.
- Opportunity to network with current participants completing a similar variation of our programme from around the world.
- Fully support from the UK and international Pagoda team throughout the duration of the programme.
- Access to the Pagoda Projects alumni network, with over 4,000 past participants of our programmes and where exclusive international job opportunities are posted regularly
When does it happen?
The programme consists of a total of 25-30 hours over the 4-weeks. All aspects of the programme can be completed at time that’s convenient for you with only the 1-2 weekly hourlong events, typically between 10am-2pm that you would need to ensure you’re available for.
This programme will take place from the 5th July to the 30th of July 2021.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- You are an undergraduate student at the University of Exeter
- Your year of graduation is not earlier than 2022
- You are in receipt of the Access to Exeter Bursary
- You are able to fulfil the time requirements of the programme
There is no programme fee for successful applicants to this programme.
“Graduates face increasing competition when entering the labour market” (UUK, 2017)
Online mobility is a great way to continue building your employability skillset and intercultural skills despite the current barriers to travel posed by COVID-19.
This programme is also part of the University of Exeter's Future of Work spring programme for 2021 and so will have a strong focus on employability in the new digital world.
How do I apply?
The application deadline is midnight on SUNDAY THE 30th OF MAY and the form can be found here.