Exams and assessments
All Student Services remain open and available to support you as you prepare for summer exams and assessments.
If you would like to talk to an Adviser about any aspect of your studies, including revision, exams, and dissertations, you can request a 1-1 appoinment:
Study Zone is working closely with other University services to ensure you have all the information you need about this year's exams and assessments.
- All assessments will now be delivered online or remotely. Check your exam format by module code.
- FAQs - examinations, assessments, progression and awarding.
- Top tips for preparing for your online examination.
Guidance on exams and revision
- Exams and revision guidance - practical guidance, including a range of revision strategies
- Guide to open-book exams - including how to approach remote open-book exams
Mental preparation for exams
- Busting exam stress - practical advice, guidance and techniques to help tackle exam stress
- Get to bed and get some sleep! - information on the sleep process, sleep myth-busting, and practical advice and exercises to help promote better sleep
- I've got to be perfect! - practical and evidence-based advice and techniques for anyone who feels that perfectionism is impacting negatively on their life
- Anxiety busting - thought challenging - techniques to help tackle anxiety
- How to just DO IT! - practical advice and techniques on how to deal with procrastination when feeling overwhelmed
- Looking after your wellbeing during coronavirus - information and strategies to help support your wellbeing and mental health, including anxiety, sleep, and managing self-isolation.
- How to tame your bully mind using mindfulness and other strategies - even if we know that what we are feeling is based on ‘false’ or ‘irrational’ ideas that our mind has generated, we can react to situations without giving them any conscious consideration. This webinar explores how mindfulness can help us get a different perspective and gain more control.
- Relaxation and mindfulness self-help
Apps and websites
- Silvercloud offers secure, immediate access to online Cognitive Behavioural Therapy programmes, tailored to your specific needs.
- Sleepio helps you to explore why you may be having difficulties with sleep, and to learn ways to improve your sleep.
- More online self-help websites, collated by the Wellbeing Team.
- A list of helpful Wellbeing apps as an easy way to access support for your mental health.
All students should refer to the University's student handbook for online examinations.
Further technical guidance: