To support access to seed corn funding, we now offer a rolling award of up to £5,000 of funding and/or support from a research fellow to enable the acquisition or gathering of data in readiness for a seed corn application.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Is there a clear & realistic outcome?
- Will this support lead to a strong seed corn application?
- Is it clear why pre-seed support is needed?
To apply for support, please complete the Pre seed application 2020, and send this to email@example.com for consideration. We aim to fund 2-3 pre-seed projects per year. PhD students are not eligible for pre-seed funding (but can apply for secondments).
For all successful applicants:
- Acknowledging Wellcome Trust: To assist the Trust in tracking the outputs of research to which it has contributed, either wholly or in part, the Trust’s contributions must be acknowledged in all publications receiving this funding by using the following phrase: 'This work was generously supported by the Wellcome Trust Institutional Strategic Support Award (204909/Z/16/Z).
- Funding must be used in line with the conditions of funding of the Wellcome Trust. This includes adhering to the Trust’s policy on open access. The University has Wellcome Trust funding to support open access publishing costs.
- When submitting your findings for publication an affiliation to the Translational Research Exchange @ Exeter, University of Exeter should be included.