Choose Exeter and you can go further
The University of Exeter, in the south west of the UK, is one of the top universities in the world. Our two locations in Exeter and Cornwall offer beautiful campuses in vibrant communities, and are ideal environments in which to study and live.
We received our Royal Charter in 1955, although our predecessor institutions, the Royal Albert Memorial College and the University College of the South West of England, were established in 1900 and 1922 respectively.
Here are just a few reasons to choose the University of Exeter:
- TEF Gold award for teaching excellence - Consistently delivering outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students
- Research excellence - 98% of our research rated as world leading or internationally recognised
- Top 200 of universities worldwide
- Graduate employability - 95% of graduates in employment or further study six months after graduation (DHLE Survey 2015/16)
- Member of the prestigious Russell Group of research intensive universities
- Sporting success - 5th in the 2016-2017 British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) championship.
- International reputation - rated 1st for International Student Choice (What Uni Student Choice Awards 2017)
- Support for students - our support staff are on hand to support you throughout your degree, from our Wellbeing and Disability Services, to support for care leavers, mature and estranged students
- Beautiful campuses - the University of Exeter has won Green Flag Awards for its picturesque and eco-friendly campuses
- A perfect location - choose from a vibrant city centre location (Exeter) or the quirky seaside community of Penryn, near Falmouth (Cornwall), both with coast and countryside on the doorstep, offering an abundance of outdoor activities.
What our students say:
"It felt like home from my first visit."
"I had been to similar days at other universities and experienced the sell you receive (Russell Group, leading researchers, etc), but Exeter seemed different. While it does boast those things, they weren’t what made me fall in love with it. The fantastic setting, with its beautiful and historic surroundings mixed with the exciting new buildings, made Exeter stand out. Another thing was how welcoming everyone was, which made me feel like I would be accepted here. The sports offering was also important, especially the relaxed intramural leagues which allow groups of friends or society members to take time to destress from studying. I can say without a doubt that I do not regret choosing Exeter. I have had the best years of my life here, and the opportunities will allow me to succeed beyond university in my chosen career."
Jason from Wales, studying Law
"I feel like when I leave I'll be ready for the world."
"I'd definitely recommend studying at Exeter. Not only is the South-West a beautiful place to live, but Exeter is also such a comfortable learning environment with great spaces like ‘The Loft’. I find it really easy to talk to my lecturers about the course content and things that interest me, and the University is constantly improving facilities to supplement our learning.
"When people say that university was the best time of their life, they're not exaggerating. It's a place where you can develop your interests (or even find new ones) and build long lasting friendships, while working towards your ultimate goal of getting a degree. There is so much support available to aid your studies and future career as well as your general wellbeing. I feel like, when I leave, I will be well-rounded and ready for what the world has to throw at me."
Rianna from Warrington, studying Materials Engineering
"Exeter has allowed me to push myself to my limits."
"Since starting university, the biggest change that I have seen in myself is confidence, because Exeter has allowed me to push myself to my limits. Leaving home is daunting, but I found that the best way to overcome homesickness and nervousness is to completely immerse myself in university life, and it helps knowing that support is always available. I would encourage anyone who has the opportunity to go to university to do it; I have loved my time here so far, and I have had opportunities that I doubt I could have found anywhere else!"
Ayesha from Reading, studying Natural Sciences
Rated gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
Outstanding results in the Research Excellence Framework 20141
Top 200 of universities worldwide2
95% of graduates in employment or further study six months after graduation3
A member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities
WhatUni Student Choice Awards International Winner 2017