- 7th in the Complete University Guide 2019 for General Engineering
- 8th in the UK for Civil Engineering and 11th for General Engineering in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019
- 3rd for Materials and Mineral Engineering in The Guardian University Guide 2019
- 96% of graduates in further study or graduate-level employment within 6 months of graduation
- Industry experience available to all students through summer placements or Year in Industry
- Hands-on courses with an emphasis on practical project work using specialist equipment
Engineering at a glance
We offer a range of exciting, practical and professionally accredited specialist degrees.
Your first year will be a collaborative year, exploring all the core engineering disciplines, enabling you to identify your area of interest.
Your chosen specialism then forms the basis of your studies as you delve into the subject in greater depth, leading to a degree at BEng (3 years) or MEng (4 years) level.
We work with major UK and international industrial organisations, as well as smaller companies, ensuring our degrees are both relevant to the industrial and commercial imperatives of today, and fit for the needs of the future.
Our faculty crosses borders and encourages collaboration with scientists from across Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science.
We have a dedicated student engineering society, ExEng, who organise social and academic events throughout the year.
What our students say
“I loved the structure of my course; there was a great mix of engineering, business and project management modules to choose from meaning that I got to build both my technical and soft-skills”
“I like the flexibility of the course and the ability to tailor my work towards the areas of study that interest me. The university life at Exeter is brilliant; there are so many extras that you can get involved in that don’t put pressure on your academic performance.”
“I chose Exeter because of its reputation and student satisfaction rate. The courses are challenging, but all academic and support staff have always been supportive and approachable."