Mental Health Drop-In Sessions
The Mental Health Pathway drop-in sessions will offer advice and information to students who are already known to the team, or who have been advised by Wellbeing Services to meet with the team. The drop-in sessions are short telephone consultations to offer practical advice, discussion regarding special provisions due to health, and signposting to other services. See below for more information about our drop-in sessions.
Please be aware that the Mental Health drop-in runs in term time only.
The Mental Health Team drop-in sessions are not available to all students. You can come to a mental health drop-in if one or more of the following statements applies to you:
- you have previously had a Wellbeing Services Mental Health Pathway appointment
- you have had a Wellbeing Services Telephone Referral Appointment (TRA) and been advised that a mental health initial appointment would be helpful
- you have been advised by AccessAbility or a welfare worker that the Mental Health Pathway would be helpful and you wish to find out more about the support provided
Please note that the mental health drop-in sessions cannot be used in the following circumstances:
- to write a new Individual Learning Plan (students need to attend a Mental Health ILP appointment)
- to discuss ongoing management of mental health difficulties
- if you are feeling at risk or in crisis (students who require urgent support to deal with mental health crises or significant difficulties need to contact their GP or other relevant mental health service support, see urgent support for more information)
The following queries are appropriate for a drop-in session:
- information about the Mental Health Pathway and support available
- questions about disclosing a disability or mental health condition to the University
- review of an Individual Learning Plan (ILP)
- consideration for some reasonable adjustments such as parking permits, accessible library rooms, and temporary exam arrangements
- advice and information about the Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA), and help with completing DSA applications
- signposting to other support services, e.g. GP, Wellbeing Services, Depression and Anxiety Service (DAS)
- support to complete the online Appointment Request Form
A mental health drop-in appointment will last no longer than 20 minutes.
When do the drop-in sessions take place?
Drop-in sessions will run in term one as follows from Wednesday 23rd September until Friday 11th December 2020 unless otherwise stated below:
- Every Wednesday from 13:00 - 15:00
- Every Friday from 09:30 - 11:30
Changes to normal running times
Please note that the drop-in will not run on Friday 20th November. Apologies for any inconvenience.
How do I attend?
There are four twenty minute drop-in slots available for each drop-in session. Due to COVID-19, these are remote appointments via telephone call.
To book a slot, please call Wellbeing Services on 01392 724381 on the day of the drop-in session. Once confirmed, a practitoner will then call you at the time agreed when booking. Please ensure that your telephone number is up to date on your Student Record tile on iExeter, as otherwise we may not be able to get in touch with you.
Please note: the sessions are first come, first served, so if there is a high demand for appointments you may be asked to call in again on the day of the next session.