Mental Health Drop-In Sessions
Please note that all drop-in sessions have now finished for this term. Please contact us on 01392 724381 with any queries or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that the Mental Health drop-in runs in term time only. Please contact us on 01392 724381 or email email@example.com if you have any queries over the summer.
The Mental Health Pathway drop-in appointments will offer advice and information to students who are already known to the team, or who have been advised by Wellbeing Services to meet with the team. The drop-in sessions are short consultations to offer practical advice, discussion regarding special provisions due to health, and signposting to other services. See below for more information about our drop-in sessions.
The Mental Health Team drop-in sessions are not available to all students. You can come to a mental health drop-in if one or more of the following statements applies to you:
- you have previously had a Wellbeing Services Mental Health Pathway appointment
- you have had a Wellbeing Services Telephone Referral Appointment (TRA) and been advised that a mental health initial appointment would be helpful
- you have been advised by AccessAbility or a welfare worker that the Mental Health Pathway would be helpful and you wish to find out more about the support provided
Please note that the mental health drop-in sessions cannot be used in the following circumstances:
- to write a new Individual Learning Plan (students need to attend a Mental Health ILP appointment)
- to discuss ongoing management of mental health difficulties
- if you are feeling at risk or in crisis (students who require urgent support to deal with mental health crises or significant difficulties need to contact their GP or other relevant mental health service support, see urgent support for more information)
The following queries are appropriate for a drop-in session:
- information about the Mental Health Pathway and support available
- questions about disclosing a disability or mental health condition to the University
- review of an Individual Learning Plan (ILP)
- consideration for some reasonable adjustments such as parking permits, accessible library rooms, and temporary exam arrangements
- advice and information about the Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA), and help with completing DSA applications
- signposting to other support services, e.g. GP, Wellbeing Services, Depression and Anxiety Service (DAS)
- support to complete the online Appointment Request Form
A mental health drop-in appointment will last no longer than 20 minutes.
Please go to the Wellbeing reception desk in the Hailey Wing, situated in Reed Hall, in order to attend a drop-in session.
The drop-in appointments cannot be booked in advance. Students are advised to come to the Wellbeing Services reception during the times of the drop-in and wait to see a practitioner from the Mental Health Pathway.
Please note: the sessions are first come, first served, so if there is a high demand for appointments you may be asked to come back another day.
Drop in dates: Term two 2020
Drop-in sessions will run in term time as follows until Friday 27th March unless otherwise stated below:
- Every Wednesday from 13:30 - 15:30
- Every Friday from 09:30 - 11:30
If you have any queries please call us on 01392 724381.
Changes to running times
- Please be aware that the drop-in will not run on Wednesday 11th March.