What can I do with my degree?
Mark Armitage, Careers Consultant for Theology
With a Theology degree from the University of Exeter, you'll be able to:
- Communicate effectively in an appropriate style and apply sustained written and oral arguments coherently and persuasivel
- Analyse and critically examine diverse forms of verbal and text-based communication
- Gather, sift, interpret and organise substantial quantities of diverse information in structured ways
- Exercise independent thought and judgement in handling information and arguments in a critical and self-reflective manner
- Comprehend and develop intricate concepts in an open-ended way that involves an understanding of aims and consequences
- Work with others through the presentation of ideas and information and the collective negotiation of solutions
These are some examples of jobs and further study that Theology graduates have entered:
Professional contacts relevant to Theology
If you are considering theology as a vocation, it would be useful to talk with a University chaplain.
Also talk with contacts and practitioners of your chosen faith.
Theology in the Workplace
Links to job options, career areas and resources with further information on what Theology graduates do.