University of Exeter internship schemes
- Paid employment opportunities reserved for UoE students and graduates, at the beginning of your career.
- Responsibilities where you can support or lead a project, process or people.
- The opportunity to apply and develop your skills, knowledge and experience.
- Training and support from understanding employers.
- Valuable experience to aid your career development.
Below is an overview of the internship schemes managed by the University of Exeter. We promote equal opportunities in all internship recruitment:
- Student Campus Partnerships (SCP) are student internships working for the University of Exeter.
- Student Business Partnerships (SBP) are student internships working for local businesses.
- Graduate Business Partnerships (GBP) offer challenging roles to start your graduate career at the University or with businesses across the South West.
- Access to Internships (A2I) is a scheme to help Exeter students to secure a paid internship using information, support and funding provided by the Career Zone.
- Professional Pathways is a programme open to current Exeter students and involves a sector specific training course, followed by a paid 35 hour internship in June.
Most large graduate recruiters offer summer internships to undergraduates, usually to students in their penultimate year. Closing dates for applications tend to be very early in early December so it's vital to apply early.
National Internship Programmes and Employers:
You can also research key UK employers by sector and location by using employer directories. Once found you will need to see if they are advertising vacancies on their websites:
- University of Exeter Libguides: Researching Companies – A quick guide to introduce you to researching companies and organisations and includes access to FAME; Orbis; Filing Access; Statista and Companies House.
- Charity Choice
- Sector specific webpages
Internships in the South West:
We source vacancies for Exeter students and graduates through:
- Student Campus Partnership scheme (SCP)
- Student Business Partnership scheme (SBP)
- Graduate Business Partnership scheme (GBP)
Virtual Work Experience:
For information on how to gain insights into a range of different companies visit Forage.
For a discussion about internships, contact us via the Live Chat icon at the bottom of this page. Alternatively you can also email email@example.com or phone us on +44(0)1392 724493 (all campuses), or of course, come see us in-person in the Exchange (Penryn) or Forum (Streatham).