New food and drink social area – The Forum Food Court
We are investing in a new food and drink social area at the heart of Streatham Campus.
Providing a unique space for students, University colleagues and visitors to eat, socialise and enjoy.
The new Forum Food Court will feature a range of food and drink concepts supported by independent traders, building on the success of the popular street markets on Campus.
Based in the vacant retail space on the Forum's South Piazza, next to Pret A Manger and below Costa, the Food Court will host two food and drink providers that will switch regularly, alongside a University resident provider to offer ever-changing dishes and food experiences.
The Food Court will celebrate world calendar events and include menu take-overs to engage the University community, as well as providing longer opening hours and a unique space for events and gatherings.
Customers will be able to eat in or take away. There will be space for up to 120 seats inside and outside the Food Court, creating a relaxed alfresco dining experience on the beautiful South Piazza.
Below is more information on the plans for the Forum Food Court, details of the upcoming works and potential disruption, and contacts for the project.
Plans for the Forum Food Court
Construction of the Forum Food Court is due to start in early October 2021 and complete in February 2022.
We apologise for the disruption in the South Piazza area during the construction project and we thank you for your patience while we create the new and exciting food and drink offering on Streatham Campus.
Below are details of the upcoming works ahead of the construction starting and from Monday 4 October:
- On Saturday 25 September graphics will be installed on the hoarding on the South Piazza.
- On Monday 4 October the Old Library car park will close to create a secure compound for Mercury Construction. Please follow footpath diversions in the area to enter the Old Library from the main entrance. Car parking spaces for four Facilities Management vehicles that are usually located in the Old Library car park will be temporarily relocated to the Hatherly car park. The temporary relocation of the accessible spaces in the car park is being considered and will be confirmed soon.
- From Monday 4 October Mercury Construction will begin setting up the compound and construction site and stripping out the internal electrics in the building space. We do not expect this work to cause any major disruption.
Closure of facilties for the duration of the project:
- Temporary closure of the cycle store next to the former bank on the South Piazza for the duration of the project (until February 2022). Modifications will be made to the cycle store as part of the project, including the installation of an electric bike charging point. Unfortunately it is not possible to safely keep the cycle store open while the construction project takes place. We ask that all bikes and equipment are removed from the South Piazza cycle store by Wednesday 25 August at 6pm. Alternative covered cycle racks are available outside of Devonshire House next to the service yard entrance, and indoor cycle and storage facilities are available for up to 8 bikes at the Streatham Farm cycle store room, down the lane to the left of the Streatham Farm reception. (Please note: The Streatham Farm cycle store is not a secure facility). We are also exploring piloting bike lockers on Streatham Campus soon. We will share more information in the staff Weekly Bulletin or please join the Unicycle group mailing list for updates. Other cycle parking facilities on Streatham Campus can also be found here.
- Temporary closure of the ATMs on the South Piazza while the work takes place (until February 2022). An ATM is available at Cornwall House on Streatham Campus.
- It will also be necessary to make the accessible door (on the left hand side) from the South Piazza to the Forum building ‘out of action’ for the duration of the project (until February 2022). Please use the automatic sliding doors from the South Piazza or the accessible door from the North Piazza (next to the Library) to enter and leave the Forum.
We apologise for any inconvenience the works may cause.
Becky Freeman is the Project Manager for the Forum Food Court construction project.
If you have any queries or questions about the Forum Food Court construction project please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
For more information on the current food and drink options on campus please visit the Eat and Drink website.