Dr Edvard Glücksman
Lecturer in Applied Business - Sustainability, Clean Growth & Net Zero
Science and Engineering Research Support Facility (SERSF):, University of Exeter, Penryn Campus, Penryn, Cornwall, TR10 9FE, UK
I'm a lecturer in the Business School's Sustainable Futures department. At the same time, I'm also currently International Clean Growth & Net Zero partnerships manager within the Innovation, Impact and Business (IIB) directorate, focusing on low carbon technologies and innovation, climate change mititgation and nature-based solutions. I'm supporting the university's engagement at the COP26 meeting in Glasgow.
I recently served as a business-facing manager on the ESIF-funded Tevi programme. Tevi supports SMEs across Cornwall to grow whilst contributing to environmental growth and a transition to the circular economy. The programme is led by the University of Exeter in partnership with Cornwall Wildlife Trust, Cornwall Council and Cornwall Development Company.
I arrived to the university in 2014, working as a postdoctoral researcher in the Environment & Sustainability Institute and Camborne School of Mines.
I also spent three years as a senior specialist at Wardell Armstrong, where I focused on the environmental and social impacts of large infrastructural projects in emerging economies. A lot of my work there involved aligning the development of mining projects with international finance standards, with a focus on community and stakeholder impacts, and how these relate to environmental aspects.
- DPhil, University of Oxford (2012)
- MSc, University of Oxford (2007)
- BSc Hons, University of St Andrews (2006)
- BA Hons, McGill University (2003)
- Full Member and Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv), IEMA
- Chartered Scientist (CSci), Institution of Environmental Sciences
- Associate Fellow (AFHEA), Higher Education Academy
- Candidate RTTP, PraxisAuril
- 40 Under 40 - European Young Leader, Friends of Europe, Belgium
- 2020-21: Clean Growth & Net Zero IPDM, University of Exeter
- 2018-20: Impact Partnership Development Manager, Tevi, University of Exeter
- 2015-18: Senior Social & Environmental Specialist, Wardell Armstrong
- 2014-15: Postdoctoral Research Fellow (responsible mining), University of Exeter
- 2013-14: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
- 2012-13: Science Communications Fellow, European Geosciences Union, Germany
- 2010: Seconded Advisor in Environment, UK Parliamentary Office of Science & Technology