Teaching in a Digital Age - #DigiTeach
This is a two day discovery course exploring how to teach in a digital world.
|An Exeter Medical School event|
|Date||18 July 2016|
|Time||9:30 to 16:00|
|Place||Laver Building 320|
|Provider||Exeter Medical School|
PLEASE NOTE: It will be held on both the 18th & 21st July, please make sure that you can attend both dates; Lunch and refreshments are also provided on both days.
This course provides educators with the skills needed to use current technologies to support teaching and learning, and is organised around the following threads:
- Collaboration - Using technology to create collaborative learning spaces.
- Assessment - Using technology to transform the assessment process.
- Communication - Using technology to build communities of practice.
As a result of attending this course you will:
- Have an appreciation of the benefits of blending e-learning with more traditional teaching methods.
- Have an understanding of blended pedagogy.
- Have an understanding of blended course design.
- Experience and explore a range of current technologies used to implement blended learning including Questionmark Perception, Responseware, interactive resource lists for your ELE modules, Google Apps, the creation and use of video to enhance learning.
Who should attend this course
This course is intended for anyone who would like to find out more about effectively embedding technology into their teaching.
There will be a variety of experts and technology enthusiasts including; Head of e-Learning Development Matt Newcombe; teaching colleagues from the University of Exeter Medical School; members of the e-learning team.
Please bring along your laptop or tablet.
Laver Building 320