Gender and Leadership Masterclass, Thursday 11th and Friday 12th May 2017
BOOK ONLINE: 2 day masterclass, workshops 09:00-17:00.
|An Exeter Medical School workshop|
|Date||11 - 12 May 2017|
|Time||9:00 to 17:00|
|Place||Mercure Exeter Rougemont Hotel|
|Provider||Exeter Medical School|
|Organizer||Dr Morgane Colleau|
This Masterclass will provide you with practical insights into leadership from the latest research. With the opportunity to network with senior leaders from business, government, healthcare, medicine, education and the not-for-profit sectors, this two-day Masterclass will include keynote presentations as well as highly interactive workshops with leading experts in the leadership field.
- ‘Women and the Glass Cliff’, Prof Michelle Ryan (University of Exeter)
- ‘Gender and the Global Leadership Challenge’, Dr Victoria Brown and Dr Claire Garner (YSC Leadership Consultants, London)
- ‘Questioning Quotas: The debate rages on’, Prof Ruth Sealy (University of Exeter)
World Cafe workshop: Women in leadership across sectors
Keynote Panel and Plenary Debate with Prof Vivienne Baumfield (University of Exeter): ‘Finding the right balance’
Morning workshops focusing on the keynote themes including:
- Women in Business with Dr Victoria Brown and Dr Claire Garner (YSC Leadership Consultants, London)
- Women and Medical Leadership with Prof Jean McEwan (University of Exeter)
- Masculinity, Power and Leadership with Dr Ian Frampton (University of Exeter)
Afternoon interactive skills-based workshops focusing on:
- Coaching with Jacqueline Bagnall (University of Exeter)
- Giving Effective Feedback with Prof Will Harvey (University of Exeter)
- Developing Resilience with Dr Victoria Brown and Dr Claire Garner (YSC Leadership Consultants, London)
- Mindfulness and Leadership with Dr Inmaculada Adarves-Yorno (University of Exeter)
The Masterclass on Gender and Leadership will be taking place on Thursday 11th and Friday 12th May 2017 at the Mercure Exeter Rougemont Hotel.
This event will also provide an opportunity to learn about the new Masters in Applied Leadership Practice (Global Challenges) to be launched at the University of Exeter in January 2018. The Masters programme fosters a unique exchange for collaboration and professional development across sectors. Working together, we will share the latest thinking from management and psychological research to enhance your leadership skills. By creating a unique learning environment, we will provide the latest leadership research and facilitate reflective thinking to generate effective insights that will inform your leadership practice. This will be delivered part time with residential study blocks in Exeter.
To register for this event, follow this link http://ex.ac.uk/gender2017. Please note that will be offering a 10% discount to all University members of staff. Places are limited so be sure to register as soon as possible.
For enquiries about this Masterclass or the Maters in Applied Leadership Practice (Global Challenges), contact Dr Morgane Colleau (M.H.Colleau@exeter.ac.uk).