If you have any questions about advertising graduate vacancies, please email us at email@example.com
Advertise graduate vacancies, placements and internships
There are a range of ways you can get your vacancy seen by our students and graduates.
We use Handshake to promote vacancy adverts.
We can promote graduate vacancies, internships and placements, in the UK or around the world. This is a free service.
Vacancies will be visible to all current students (undergraduate and post-graduate) and to University of Exeter alumni.
You can connect to the University of Exeter via Handshake here.
Once you have registered and requested a connection with us, we will review your request. Please note that, in busy periods, it may take us up to 5 working days to review a connection request.
After your connection has been approved, you'll be able to upload your vacancies. Every vacancy is reviewed by a member of staff before going live. We use the in-system comment function to raise queries if this is necessary, so please make sure you monitor your Handshake messages.
A quick start guide for using Handshake can be found here.
If you have technical queries about using Handshake you can log a ticket by visiting - https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-gb and select 'Help' or 'Contact Support' where a member of the Handshake support team will be happy to assist you.
Queries concerning the status of your vacancy or connection request can be referred to firstname.lastname@example.org or to a member of staff directly through the Handshake messaging system.
Several Universities are now using Handshake including Cambridge, Liverpool, York, Sheffield Hallam and UWE, making it easy for employers to distribute their advert to Handshake partners with one upload.
The University advertises most international vacancies via Handshake. However, we receive large numbers of requests to promote certain types of opportunities such as:
- Teaching Abroad (including TEFL)
- International Volunteering (including so-called "Voluntourism")
Due to the volume of requests and the difficulty in determining the quality of opportunties on offer, we have decided to adopt a system of approved providers.
To be considered for the list, please complete this form. Form submissions are reviewed twice per year, so you should not expect an immediate response.
If we approve your request, we will publish details and a link to your organisation on our student-facing website. After a reasonable interval, we may ask you to resubmit your details to ensure they remain up-to-date.
Any questions you may have should be referred to email@example.com.
If your vacancy is based in the South West you may want to consider these options as well:
- University of Exeter Internships: For a more tailored recruitment service our well-established Business Partnership schemes can help you find the right student or graduate for your business.
- Funding Opportunities: We also have generous employer subsidies available to help towards the costs of employing Exeter students and recent graduates.
- Gradsouthwest: Graduate-level work vacancies located in Bristol (Avon), Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Somerset or Wiltshire can also be placed on www.gradsouthwest.com. (Please note that gradsouthwest is entirely separate from the University of Exeter: that vacancies that are placed on gradsouthwest do not appear on any University of Exeter websites or vice versa. You will need to advertise on both sites if you wish to maximise exposure).
Please also ensure that you read the guidelines for advertising on our site to ensure that any submissions are compliant with our policies - this will help us to quickly process your vacancies.
We have specific rules for recruitment agencies using our site. Please ensure you read them here before you post. Adverts that do not follow these guidelines will be rejected.
We strongly recommend that you post vacancies a minimum of 2 weeks before the closing date. This is to ensure that potential candidates have time to view the vacancy and compile a quality application.