About the award
Two scholarships of £12,500 are available to students who have had an application accepted to one of the Business School MSc programmes for September 2024 entry. These will be awarded to two academically gifted candidates resident in the UK or continental Europe, who would not be able to study without this financial assistance. Please note this scholarship is not available for online, MRes or PGDip programmes of study. This award is not available to International students outside the EU.
This scholarship is funded by donations from a Business School alumnus.
We will ask you to submit a covering letter and evidence of financial assistance received for your studies so far.
Applications will be checked initially to ensure that the eligibility criteria have been met. Applications will then be considered by a nominated panel within the faculty.
How to apply
- Please complete the application form here. You will need your Exeter student number to submit your scholarship application.
You are asked to upload:
(a) a covering letter outlining how this scholarship will support your ambitions
(b) evidence of financial assistance received for your studies so far (such as information about bursaries or scholarships but not copies of bank statements)
(c) your CV
(d) transcript from your undergraduate study
(e) English Language certificate (if required) as outlined in your offer letter.
This scholarship is for programmes of study beginning in September 2024 only and does not apply to programmes which start in January 2024.
The closing date for this award is 30th June 2024. Applicants will be notified of the outcome no later than the 31st July 2024.
Terms & Conditions:
- By applying for this Scholarship you are agreeing to your personal details being shared with the donor and Panel members.
- All scholarship awards are conditional on registration with the University of Exeter.
- You cannot receive more than one scholarship from the University of Exeter; if you are eligible for multiple scholarships you will be awarded whichever scholarship has the higher value. If your tuition fees will be financed by an external body (such as an overseas government or Chevening, Commonwealth or a partner Institution) with whom the University has a shared financing agreement then this award may be invalidated or superseded with a different fee arrangement.
- If you expect to receive funding from a charity please contact us for guidance.
- We reserve the right to not award all of the scholarships if suitable candidates are not found.
- If you defer your offer or change fee status your scholarship offer will be invalidated. In the event that you withdraw or interrupt your studies post enrolment, the University Finance regulations at that date will apply as regards any repayment or other requirements.
- Please note if you are successful and accept this award, you will be required to provide regular progress reports to be shared with the donor of this award, documenting the impact the award has had on your personal and academic development. You will also be expected to make yourself available for a meeting with the donor at least once during your programme of study, which will be supported by a member of the Global Advancement Team.
- In addition, you may be asked to provide a photograph and written or video profile to appear in publicity material relating to the scholarship and/or study at the University of Exeter, attend events and participate in other internal and external communications activity relating to your award.
- You will also agree to the University contacting you following the completion of your studies to seek updates regarding how the award may have impacted upon or influenced your career.
- This award is for one year only and is not recurrent for subsequent years of study.
- This scholarship will be awarded as a reduction of the tuition fees; it cannot be paid as cash or attributed to other charges such as accommodation fees. It will be automatically deducted from your first year tuition fees following enrolment. If you choose to pay your tuition fees in instalments, the award will be deducted from the total annual tuition fee and the remaining balance split accordingly. Tuition fees deduction/s due are applied to your student account and show in your online statement within the first four weeks of study.
- It is your responsibility to inform us if you are in receipt of any external funding prior to enrolment; please email a copy of the award letter to admissions firstname.lastname@example.org.
|30th June 2024
|Number of awards:
|Duration of award:
|for 1 year
|Contact: Business School Admissions Team