Global Excellence Scholarships 2021/22 - Postgraduate Taught (Masters) **January 2022 entry only** NOW CLOSED
About the award
Postgraduate Taught Global Excellence Scholarships have been created to support International students wishing to develop their academic potential and contribute to our thriving University community of students and staff from over 170 countries.
Global Excellence Scholarships recognise high academic achievement and assist scholars in accessing our exceptional teaching and learning, whilst taking advantage of all that University life offers to support their ambitions for the future.
A range of full, £10,000 and £5,000 scholarships are on offer. The number of awards available at each level varies by department.
Postgraduate taught awards for January 2022 entry are being offered by the following departments:
|Departments offering scholarships||Subject areas/programmes|
|The Business School||
• Business and Management
|College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences||
• Data Science and Analytics
|College of Medicine and Health||• Healthcare and Medicine|
|College of Social Sciences and International Studies||
• Public Administration
The Postgraduate taught degrees that are available to start in January 2022 are listed here: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/applying/january-start/
All full-time, campus-based Postgraduate taught programmes on the list via the above link are eligible, with the exception of the following:
Ineligible programmes - Engineering Professional programmes; MPA with Applied Study; Postgraduate Certificates; Postgraduate Diplomas.
You can apply for one of these scholarships if you:
- are classified as an International student for fees purposes (including any EU students required to pay International fees);
- already hold an offer for an eligible full-time Postgraduate taught degree at the University of Exeter, commencing in January 2022; and
- did not apply in Round 1 or 2 of this scholarship scheme (unless this was for a different programme).
If you are yet to make your Masters programme application then please visit our Postgraduate taught study pages and refer to the information for January 2022 entry.
Scholarship recipients are selected on:
- Academic merit, based on the information you have supplied in your programme application. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate that they have achieved or are able to achieve the equivalent of UK upper second class degree. See our Entry Requirements pages for further guidance.
- The ability to demonstrate the following as part of the application process: academic ambition; future career ambitions; a genuine need for the scholarship and how this will support your ambitions; a sense of social responsibility and willingness to engage with the Exeter community.
How to apply
To be considered for one of these scholarships, once you have your offer, please apply using the webform here*.
A personal statement (of no more than 300 words) is required as part of the form, responding to the following questions:
- What is your interest in your chosen programme of study and what are you hoping to learn?
- What are your future ambitions and how will your studies help you to achieve them?
- What would being awarded a Global Excellence Scholarship mean to you – what difference would it make?
- As a Global Excellence Scholar, how might you act as an ambassador for the University?
Offer holders who apply for a scholarship by the deadline of 16 October 2021 will be notified by email of the outcome of their scholarship application by 12 November 2021. If you are offered an award then your email will explain how to accept your scholarship.
These scholarships are awarded as a reduction in the first-year International tuition fee. They are not recurrent for subsequent years of study. Please read the full Terms and Conditions for this scholarship here.
|Application deadline:||16th October 2021|
|Value:||A range of full, £10,000 and £5,000 first-year International tuition fee scholarships|
|Duration of award:||for 1 year|
|Contact: Admissions Scholarshipsemail@example.com|