Carolyn and Andrew Trevorrow Memorial Fund Travel Bursaries
A small number of travel bursaries are available to students of all degree programmes at the Penryn and Truro Campus to help with the costs of field trips. In the first instance, preference will be given to students born and who currently reside in Cornwall, and/or meet Widening Participation criteria. Depending on application numbers others may also be considered.
The travel bursary can be used towards the costs of your fieldtrip, for example:
- Travel, such as flights or train tickets
- Accommodation whilst on the fieldtrip or on the days you’re travelling e.g. a hotel at Heathrow airport if you have an early morning flight
- Food whilst traveling and on the fieldtrip
- Equipment needed for the fieldtrip
- This list is not exhaustive and if there are other provisions you need to attend the fieldtrip, please detail them in your application
How to apply
Submit this application form to apply for the funding.
After the fieldtrip, successful applicants must submit a short written report (roughly 300 – 500 words) about the field trip experience including photographs. These reports will be read by Carolyn Trevorrow to understand the impact her generous donation has had for the successful students.
Applications for the academic year 2023/24 are now closed. There will be a new round of funding for the academic year 2024/25.
Value of awards
There are 8 awards available of £150 each. Each award can be used for 1 fieldtrip in the 23/24 academic year.
If you have any further questions about this fund, please email the team at email@example.com.