- This unique programme is developed to combines engineering principles, advanced digital technology utilisation, and managerial skills to make strategic decisions of sustainable and resilient supply chain operations.
- Explore the key issues of supply chain management and the approaches to modern day business, and study alongside students from all around the world.
- Taught in partnership with the University of Exeter Business School, providing you with an exceptional learning experience as well as simultaneously increasing the depth and scope of your technological knowledge and acquire the essentials of management theory and practice.
- The programme integrates a “factory-to-classroom” concept through cyber physical systems to balance between theoretical knowledge and practical-oriented learning to create a holistic experiential learning.
- Designed for those who wish to work and expand technical, as well as managerial skills and knowledge in the key areas of supply chain management, operations management, logistics, procurement, as well as smart and sustainable supply chain operations.
11th in the UK for General Engineering
The Complete University Guide 2023
Specialist facilities include microscopy suite, aerodynamics and fluids laboratories, additive manufacturing workshop and vibration testing rigs
£6.5million investment in our teaching labs, workshop spaces and equipment.
MSc International Supply Chain Management is accredited by The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) as suitable for exemption from the academic requirements for Chartered Membership* (CMILT) of the CILT (UK). (*Graduates who achieve a pass mark of 50% and above will be eligible for Chartered Membership).
Accreditation is awarded for a maximum of 5 years. The dates applicable to the current accreditation of this degree programme can be viewed on the CILT website.
Learners who successfully complete the programme and meet the conditions specified may apply for MCIPS, the globally-recognised standard for procurement and supply management professionals. See further information on the CIPS website.
All applicants are considered individually on merit although we usually require a 2:2 honours degree (or equivalent) in a science, engineering, management or numerate discipline.
Entry requirements for international students
English language requirements
International students need to show they have the required level of English language to study this course. The required test scores for this course fall under Profile B. Please visit our English language requirements page to view the required test scores and equivalencies from your country.
This programme is modular and flexible, carrying 180 credits in total and offering flexibility in choice of modules studied.
MSc International Supply Chain Management consists of eight core engineering, business and management focussed modules totalling 165 credits, which includes the 60-credit Engineering MSc project, and one 15-credit optional module.
The programme begins in September each year and the taught elements are concluded by May. The Engineering MSc dissertation project, under the personal supervision of a research expert in the chosen area, continues until September.
The programme is designed for those who wish to work and expand technical and managerial skills and knowledge in the key areas of supply chain management, operations management, logistics, procurement, as well as smart and sustainable supply chain operations.
The modules we outline here provide examples of what you can expect to learn on this degree course based on recent academic teaching. The precise modules available to you in future years may vary depending on staff availability and research interests, new topics of study, timetabling and student demand.
- Combine your Masters in International Supply Chain Management with work experience in the UK, putting your learning into practice while studying
- Studied over two years, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable professional experience by completing a 9-12 month work placement in a role relevant to your degree
- Become a sought-after engineering professional with strong technical expertise, as well as excellent management abilities, allowing you to move into high-level management roles
- Career opportunities include product development, project management, customer services, human resources, and a wide variety of other areas, particularly related to the engineering industry.
UK fees per year:
With industrial placement (second year): £2,900 full-time
International fees per year:
With industrial placement (second year): £5,900 full-time
Fees can normally be paid by two termly instalments and may be paid online. You will also be required to pay a tuition fee deposit to secure your offer of a place, unless you qualify for exemption. For further information about paying fees see our Student Fees pages.
UK government postgraduate loan scheme
Postgraduate loans are now available for Masters degrees. Find out more about eligibility and how to apply.
We invest heavily in scholarships for talented prospective Masters students and have over £2.5 million in scholarships available, including our Global Excellence Scholarships* for international fee paying students.
For information on how you can fund your postgraduate degree at the University of Exeter, please visit our dedicated funding page.
*Selected programmes only. Please see the Terms and Conditions for each scheme for further details.
Teaching and research
Teaching and assessment
The programme is delivered through a mix of lectures, seminars, tutorials, industrial presentations, case studies, industry visits, computer simulations, project work and a dissertation project.
You will develop transferable skills such as management and communication skills, computational techniques, data handling and analysis, problem solving, decision making and research methodology. Many of these will be addressed within an industrial and commercial context.
You will be allocated a Personal Tutor who is available for advice and support throughout your studies, along with support and mentoring from graduates who are now in industry. There is also a Postgraduate Tutor available to help with further guidance and advice.
A research and practice-led culture
We believe every student benefits from being taught by experts active in research and practice. You will discuss the very latest ideas, research discoveries and new technologies in seminars and in the field. Plus, you’ll become actively involved in a research project yourself.
All our academic staff are active in internationally-recognised scientific research across a wide range of topics. You will also be taught by leading industry practitioners.
Throughout your studies you will have access to support materials designed to refresh your knowledge of engineering mathematics. Mathematics for Engineers is a non-credit bearing online resource that covers the mathematics needed to undertake an MSc. It is an invaluable revision tool for those wishing to refresh their knowledge of common mathematical topics.
Sample mathematics test
Unsure whether your maths is good enough for an MSc? Take the short test below to find out. This has been developed in conjunction with the Mathematics for Engineers module and covers many of the topics listed above.
There is considerable demand in the workplace for graduates with knowledge in both a specialist technology area and in management, particularly in the modern tools and techniques to support the management of a dynamically changing engineering business.
We have an established reputation of training tomorrow's great minds, so when it comes to life after graduation you can be confident that you are starting your next professional adventure in a prime, leading position.
Dedicated careers support
You will receive support from our dedicated Career Zone team, who provide excellent career guidance at all stages of career planning. The Career Zone provides one-on-one support and is home to a wealth of business and industry contacts. Additionally, they host useful training events, workshops and lectures which are designed to further support you in developing your enterprise acumen. Please visit the Career Zone for additional information on their services.