View more images of Birks Grange Village on Flickr.
Great rooms; new friends AND lectures are close by. What's not to like?
Birks Grange Village resident (catered)
Birks Grange Village catered (66)
Birks Grange Village
New North Road
Exeter EX4 4PQ
Birks Grange Village key facts
This catered residence has 360 high standard en-suite rooms in clusters of up to nine. A number of utility rooms are located in the building.
The Central Block, which is separate to the accommodation blocks, has a dining room, reception, shop and social areas.
To see more images of this residence, please view our Flickr gallery.
Our image gallery shows typical examples of the food which is served in catered halls.
- 32 week contract period
- 12 minute walk to centre of campus
- Television in communal area
- Laundry facilities
- Common room
- Vending machines
- Bike storage
- Adapted rooms
- Kay House Music Practice Room nearby
- Residents must move out during the Easter vacation
|Catered||Birks Grange Village||En-suite||
Shower, washbasin and toilet facilities are only available in en-suite rooms.
All rooms at Birks Grange Village have double beds (four feet six inches wide).
- Single en-suite (including bathroom) is approximately 13.9m2 (2680mm x 5200mm).
- Accessible room (including bathroom) is approximately 21.8m2 (4200mm x 5200mm).
These measurements are a guide only. In some residences room sizes vary considerably.
Some of the rooms in Birks Grange Village A to E have a safe however, there may not be one in every room. If you are allocated a room which does not have a safe when you arrive, it will not be possible for us to provide one in the room.
All bedrooms in catered residences have the following:
- Bed, wardrobe, bookshelves.
- Desk, chair, desk lamp or built-in lighting, noticeboard and waste bin.
- Mini fridge
- High speed wired and wireless network/internet is available from StudentCom
- IPTV is available via your computer. For more information on IPTV visit the StudentCom website and choose the 'TV package' option. Please note you will still need a TV Licence to watch live TV from any device.
For details of your room size and specifics of each residence please see the room details tab above.
If you are living in one of our catered halls (Birks Grange Village, Exeter Halls, Holland Hall and Mardon Hall) the sample menus below show what type of meals are available and when they are provided:
||Saturday and Sunday:
11:15am - 1:30pm
5:30pm - 7:15pm
To see which menus are being served this term, please visit the 'about catered halls' section of our website for further information.
If you have a commitment and are unable to attend the dinner service please use the replacement meal request form.
Weekday lunches can be purchased at one of our many catering outlets.
Vegetarian options are always available.
* A range of themed dinners also happen throughout the year.
All meals are included for residents of our catered accommodation (Birks Grange Village, Exeter Halls, Holland Hall and Mardon Hall).
If visitors or self catered students would like to eat in a catered hall the following rates apply:
Please note that due to VAT legislation, for guests eating within Halls, students must be able to provide proof that they are students of University of Exeter by producing their Exeter ID Card. All other visitors, including students from other Universities must pay VAT.