View more images of Exeter Halls on Flickr.
Living in halls has been a wonderful experience. I have met a great bunch of people and made friends who I will cherish for my entire life.
Exeter Halls resident
Exeter Halls (34 35 36)
c/o Lopes Hall
St German's Road
Exeter EX4 4FB
Exeter Halls key facts
Lopes Hall has 25 single and 32 twin standard rooms, all with washbasins except for two single and two twin rooms. There is approximately one toilet for four residents, one shower for nine residents and one bath for eleven students.
Ransom Pickard is an annexe of Lopes Hall with 42 single and 22 twin standard rooms. There is approximately one toilet for four residents and one shower for five residents.
Pennsylvania Court is an annexe of Lopes Hall with 177 single en-suite rooms arranged in clusters of up to nine rooms with a utility room.
Meals for Exeter Halls residents are served at Lopes Hall.
- Oversubscribed residence. Approximately three applications per room
- 32 week contract period
- 10 minute walk to centre of campus
- Study room in Lopes Hall
- Laundry facilities
- Common room with television
- Bike storage
- Adapted rooms
- Access to Cornwall House Music Practice Room
- Residents must move out during the Easter vacation
|Catered||Exeter Halls||Twin standard||£4,744.32||£4,887.68||32|
|Catered||Exeter Halls||Single standard||£5,109.44||£5,261.76||32|
See how the cost of this residence compares with other residences on our 2015/2016 fees pages.
Exeter Halls has single beds (three feet wide) except Pennsylvania Court which has double beds (four feet six inches wide). Please note one of the three accessible rooms in Pennsylvania Court has a single bed.
- Lopes Hall: single standard 3050mm x 3350mm, twin standard 3050mm x 5210mm
- Ransom Pickard: single standard 2670mm x 3810mm, twin standard 3860mm x 4030mm
- Pennsylvania Court: single en-suite (including bathroom) 2870mm x 5250mm
Please note that in some residences room sizes vary considerably and these measurements are a guide only.
Rooms in Pennsylvania Court are provided with a safe.
All bedrooms in catered residences have the following:
- Bed, wardrobe, bookshelves.
- Desk, chair, desk lamp or built-in lighting, noticeboard and waste bin.
- Mini fridge
- High speed wired and wireless network/internet and a telephone is available from StudentCom
- TV is available via your computer - please note you will still need a TV Licence to watch live TV from any device.
For details of your room size and specifics of each residence please see the room details tab above.
If you are living in one of our catered halls (Birks Grange Village, Exeter Halls, Holland Hall, Mardon Hall and Moberley House) the following meals are provided at the following times:
|Weekend breakfast menu|
|Brunch||Saturday and Sunday:
Menu 1: w/c 5 Jan, 2 Feb, 2 Mar
Menu 2: w/c 12Jan, 9 Feb, 9 Mar
Week 3: w/c 19 Jan, 16 Feb, 16 Mar
Week 4: w/c 26 Jan, 23 Feb, 23 Mar
A range of themed dinners also happen throughout the year.
If you have a commitment and are unable to attend the dinner service please use the replacement meal request form.
Weekday lunches can be purchased at one of our many catering outlets.
Vegetarian options are always available.
All meals are included for residents of our catered accommodation (Birks Grange Village, Exeter Halls, Holland Hall, Mardon Hall and Moberly House).
If visitors or self catered students would like to eat at BGV the following rates apply: