View more images of Exeter Halls on Flickr.
Living in halls has been a wonderful experience. I have met a great bunch of people and made friends who I will cherish for my entire life.
Exeter Halls resident
Exeter Halls (34 35 36)
c/o Lopes Hall
St German's Road
Exeter EX4 6TH
Exeter Halls key facts
Lopes Hall has 25 single and 32 twin standard rooms, all with washbasins except for one single and three twin rooms. There is approximately one toilet for four residents, one shower for nine residents and one bath for eleven students.
Ransom Pickard is an annexe of Lopes Hall with 42 single and 22 twin standard rooms. There is approximately one toilet for four residents and one shower for five residents.
Pennsylvania Court is an annexe of Lopes Hall with 177 single en-suite rooms arranged in clusters of up to nine rooms with a utility room.
To see more images of these residences, please view our Flickr gallery.
Meals for Exeter Halls residents are served at Lopes Hall.
- Oversubscribed residence. Approximately three applications per room
- 32 week contract period
- 10 minute walk to centre of campus
- Study room in Lopes Hall
- Laundry facilities
- Common room with television
- Bike storage
- Adapted rooms
- Close to the Cornwall House Music Practice Rooms
- Residents must move out during the Easter vacation
|Catered||Exeter Halls||Twin standard||£4,911.48||£5,047.64||32|
|Catered||Exeter Halls||Single standard||£5,287.89||£5,434.39||32|
Exeter Halls has single beds (three feet wide) except Pennsylvania Court which has double beds (four feet six inches wide). Please note one of the three accessible rooms in Pennsylvania Court has a single bed.
- Lopes Hall: single standard rooms are approximately 10.2m2 (3050mm x 3350mm) and twin standard rooms are approximately 15.6m2 (3050mm x 5120mm).
- Ransom Pickard: single standard rooms are approximately 10.2m2 (2670mm x 3810mm) and twin standard rooms are approximately 15.6m2 (3860mm x 4030mm).
- Pennsylvania Court: single en-suite rooms (including bathroom) are approximately 15.1m2 (2870mm x 5250mm).
These measurements are a guide only. In some residences room sizes vary considerably.
Rooms in Pennsylvania Court are provided with a safe.
All bedrooms in catered residences have the following:
- Bed, wardrobe, bookshelves.
- Desk, chair, desk lamp or built-in lighting, noticeboard and waste bin.
- Mini fridge
- High speed wired and wireless network/internet and a telephone is available from StudentCom
- TV is available via your computer - please note you will still need a TV Licence to watch live TV from any device.
For details of your room size and specifics of each residence please see the room details tab above.
If you are living in one of our catered halls (Birks Grange Village, Exeter Halls, Holland Hall, Mardon Hall and Moberley House) the sample menus below show what type of meals are available and when they are provided:
|Brunch||Saturday and Sunday:
11.15am - 13.30pm
17.30 - 19:15pm
To see which menus are being served this term, please visit the 'about catered halls' section of our website for further information.
If you have a commitment and are unable to attend the dinner service please use the replacement meal request form.
Weekday lunches can be purchased at one of our many catering outlets.
Vegetarian options are always available.
* A range of themed dinners also happen throughout the year.
All meals are included for residents of our catered accommodation (Birks Grange Village, Exeter Halls, Holland Hall, Mardon Hall and Moberly House).
If visitors or self catered students would like to eat at BGV the following rates apply: