Lafrowda key facts
This state of the art eco-residence has been redeveloped by our partners University Partnership Programme (UPP) and provides single standard, en-suite and studio accommodation. It is close to Cornwall House with its social activities and open air swimming pool, central campus is just moments away and the city centre a 15 minute walk or short cycle ride away.
The standard cluster flats (355 rooms in total) have communal kitchen/dining and bathroom facilities. Up to 12 residents share three toilets and three showers. These rooms are in blocks E, F, G, H, N, P, Q and R.
The 816 en-suite rooms have a shared kitchen/diner in cluster flats of up to eight. These rooms are in blocks A, B, C, D, J, K, L, MA, MB and S (Caldwell).
Each of the 86 studios has an open-plan living space, workspace, en-suite shower and small kitchenette/diner. These are in block T (Merrivale).
Please note that the only blocks within Lafrowda which have an accessible lift are: A, B, C, D, L and K.
The virtual tour of Birks Grange Village shows an example of studio accommodation in a UPP property.
This residence is managed by UPP.
- Popular residence. Approximately two applications received per room
- Undergraduates and postgraduates (dedicated blocks)
- 40 week contract en-suite and standard
- 51 week contract studio (postgraduate)
- Five minute walk to centre of Streatham campus
- No aerial socket in en-suite and studio rooms - IPTV available
- Bike storage
- Adapted rooms
- Laundry facilities at Bridestowe and Cornwall House
- Studio and en-suite rooms have underbed storage
- Access to the Cornwall House Music Practice Room
Please see our 360° virtual tours of Lafrowda using the direct links below:
- Lafrowda external
- Lafrowda external (including studios)
- Lafrowda en-suite bedroom
- Lafrowda en-suite kitchen/living area (please note that this taken from our Birks Grange Village residence, the layout and design are the same but there is no view at Lafrowda)
- Lafrowda standard bedroom
- Lafrowda standard kitchen/living area
- Lafrowda studio
The prices below are the contract length total per room.
See how the cost of this residence compares with other residences on our 2015/2016 fees pages.
What is provided?
- Bed, wardrobe, desk and chair, bookshelves, desk lamp or built-in lighting, noticeboard and waste bin.
- High speed wired and wireless network/internet from StudentCom.
- IPTV is available via your computer.
- Arrange a telephone for your room with StudentCom.
- Shower, washbasin and toilet facilities in en-suite and studio rooms.
Standard rooms have single beds (three feet wide). En-suite rooms have single beds (six feet 10 inches x two feet 11 inches). Studios have double beds (six feet 10 inches x four feet). The mattresses are seven inches (20cm) thick so fitted sheets are not recommended.
Standard rooms measure approximately 4290mm x 2440mm, En-suite rooms measure approximately 2756 x 5316 and studio rooms measure approximately 2806 x 5736. These measurements are a guide only.
Lafrowda is number 43 on the map below.
The above map is a zoomed in shot to show you what's in the immediate vicinity of this residence.
You're given your own space, but with friends left right and centre. It's so much fun!