View more images of Lafrowda on Flickr.
Lafrowda Bridestowe House
St German's Road
Exeter EX4 6TJ
Lafrowda key facts
This state of the art eco-residence has been redeveloped by our partners University Partnership Programme (UPP) and provides single standard, en-suite and studio accommodation. It is close to Cornwall House with its social activities and open air swimming pool, central campus is just moments away and the city centre a 15 minute walk or short cycle ride away.
The standard cluster flats (355 rooms in total) have communal kitchen/dining and bathroom facilities. Up to 12 residents share three toilets and three showers. These rooms are in blocks E, F, G, H, N, P, Q and R.
The 816 en-suite rooms have a shared kitchen/diner in cluster flats of up to eight. These rooms are in blocks A, B, C, D, J, K, L, MA, MB and S (Caldwell).
Each of the 86 studios has an open-plan living space, workspace, en-suite shower and small kitchenette/diner. These are in block T (Merrivale).
Please note that the only blocks within Lafrowda which have an accessible lift are: A, B, C, D, L and K.
The virtual tour of Birks Grange Village shows an example of studio accommodation in a UPP property.
This residence is managed by UPP.
Standard rooms have single beds (three feet wide). En-suite rooms have single beds (six feet 10 inches x two feet 11 inches). Studios have double beds (six feet 10 inches x four feet). The mattresses are seven inches (20cm) thick so fitted sheets are not recommended.
Standard rooms measure approximately 4290mm x 2440mm, En-suite rooms measure approximately 2756 x 5316 and studio rooms measure approximately 2806 x 5736. These measurements are a guide only.
- Popular residence. Approximately two applications received per room
- Undergraduates and postgraduates (dedicated blocks)
- 40 week contract en-suite and standard
- 51 week contract studio (postgraduate)
- Five minute walk to centre of Streatham campus
- No aerial socket in en-suite and studio rooms - IPTV available
- Bike storage
- Adapted rooms
- Laundry facilities at Bridestowe and Cornwall House
- Studio and en-suite rooms have underbed storage
- Access to the Cornwall House Music Practice Room
The prices below are the contract length total per room.
See how the cost of this residence compares with other residences on our 2015/2016 fees pages.
- Bed, wardrobe, desk and chair.
- Bookshelves, desk lamp or built-in lighting, noticeboard and waste bin.
- High speed wired and wireless network/internet from StudentCom.
- IPTV is available via your computer.
- Arrange a telephone for your room with StudentCom.
- Shower, washbasin and toilet facilities in en-suite and studio rooms.
Shared kitchens have a cooker with oven, hob and grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, water boiler/kettle, dining table, chairs and an ironing board. You will need to bring pots and pans, cutlery and crockery.
Studios have a microwave or combi-oven, hob, fridge with freezer compartment, water boiler or kettle. Our studios at Birks Grange Village and Lafrowda also have a dining table and chairs. Access to ironing boards can be arranged with your residence management team.
Please see our 2014-kitchen-guide for information on how to use the gas and electrical equipment within kitchens.
All meals are included for residents of our catered accommodation (Birks Grange Village, Exeter Halls, Holland Hall, Mardon Hall and Moberley House).
If visitors or self catered students would like to eat at BGV the following rates apply:
|Self Catered Students||Visitor|
Video guide of self catered accommodation at the University of Exeter
You're given your own space, but with friends left, right and centre. It's so much fun!