View more images of Rowancroft on Flickr.
Rowancroft key facts
Rowancroft consists of four smart, contemporary houses - Francis, Radford, Davies and Garden - offering modern flats and studios. The residence is in enclosed landscaped grounds, near the local shops of Heavitree, with buses into the city centre, Streatham Campus and beyond. The residence is a short walk from the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
Each flat of five to eight residents has en-suite rooms (187 in total) and a well-equipped kitchen. There are 32 single occupancy studios which are mainly let to postgraduates. They have an open-plan living space which includes a workspace, en-suite shower and small kitchenette/diner.
This Spectrum Housing Group residence is managed by the University.
- Undergraduates and postgraduates
- 42 week contract
- 40 minute walk/1.8 miles to centre of Streatham campus and five minute walk/0.5 miles to St Luke’s campus
- Undergraduates and postgraduates live in close proximity
- Laundry facilities
- Bike storage
- Adapted rooms
- Rowancroft Shuttle Bus departing at 08:30/09:15/10:00 weekdays in term time and returning from Streatham to Rowancroft at 5.15pm and 6.15pm
The prices below are the contract length total per room.
See how the cost of this residence compares with other residences on our 2015/2016 fees pages.
En-suite rooms have single beds (three feet six inches wide). Studios have double beds (four feet six inches wide).
A safe is provided within all en-suite rooms and studios at Rowancroft.
Your postcode is depending on your block and room number:
- Francis House - EX1 2AQ
- Davis House - EX1 2EZ
- Studios - EX1 2FD
- Radford House - EX1 2AP
- Garden House - EX1 2AN
- Bed, wardrobe, desk and chair.
- Bookshelves, desk lamp or built-in lighting, noticeboard and waste bin.
- High speed wired and wireless network/internet from StudentCom.
- IPTV is available via your computer.
- Arrange a telephone for your room with StudentCom.
- Shower, washbasin and toilet facilities in en-suite and studio rooms.
Shared kitchens have a cooker with oven, hob and grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, water boiler/kettle, dining table, chairs and an ironing board. You will need to bring pots and pans, cutlery and crockery.
Studios have a microwave or combi-oven, hob, fridge with freezer compartment, water boiler or kettle. Our studios at Birks Grange Village and Lafrowda also have a dining table and chairs. Access to ironing boards can be arranged with your residence management team.
The quantity of items provided depends on the size of the flat. You will need to provide pots and pans, cutlery and crockery.
Please see our kitchen guide for information on how to use the gas and electrical equipment within kitchens.
All meals are included for residents of our catered accommodation (Birks Grange Village, Exeter Halls, Holland Hall, Mardon Hall and Moberly House).
If visitors or self catered students would like to eat at BGV the following rates apply:
|Self Catered Students||Visitor|
Video guide of self catered accommodation at the University of Exeter
You and your flatmates form one compact family and mine are always there for me.