View more images of Rowancroft on Flickr.
Rowancroft key facts
Rowancroft consists of four smart, contemporary houses - Francis, Radford, Davies and Garden - offering modern flats and studios. The residence is in enclosed landscaped grounds, near the local shops of Heavitree, with buses into the city centre, Streatham Campus and beyond. The residence is a short walk from the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
Each flat of five to eight residents has en-suite rooms (187 in total) and a well-equipped kitchen. There are 32 single occupancy studios which are mainly let to postgraduates. They have an open-plan living space which includes a workspace, en-suite shower and small kitchenette/diner.
To see more images of this residence, please view our Flickr gallery.
This Campus Living Villages residence is managed by the University.
- Undergraduates and postgraduates
- 42 week contract
- 40 minute walk/1.8 miles to centre of Streatham campus and five minute walk/0.5 miles to St Luke’s campus
- Undergraduates and postgraduates live in close proximity
- Laundry facilities
- Bike storage
- Adapted rooms
- Rowancroft daily Shuttle Bus between Rowancroft and Streatham. Monday to Friday: 07.45, 08.30 and 09.15. Return journeys at 17.45 and 18.45
The prices below are the contract length total per room.
En-suite rooms at Rowancroft are approximately 14.4m2 (3140mm x 4580mm).
Studio rooms at Rowancroft are approximately 24.4m2 (4020mm x 6060mm).
These measurements are a guide only. In some residences room sizes vary considerably
En-suite rooms have single beds (three feet six inches wide).
Studios have double beds (four feet six inches wide).
A safe is provided within all en-suite rooms and studios at Rowancroft.
Your postcode is depending on your block and room number:
- Francis House - EX1 2AQ
- Davis House - EX1 2EZ
- Studios - EX1 2FD
- Radford House - EX1 2AP
- Garden House - EX1 2AN
- Bed, wardrobe, desk and chair.
- Bookshelves, desk lamp or built-in lighting, noticeboard and waste bin.
- High speed wired and wireless network/internet from StudentCom*.
- IPTV is available via your computer. For more information on IPTV visit the StudentCom website and choose the 'TV package' option. IPTV is available via your computer. Please note you will still need a TV Licence to watch live TV from any device.
- Shower, washbasin and toilet facilities in en-suite and studio rooms.
*There is wireless only provision in two of our stand alone houses: Lafrowda Cottage and Garden Hill House.
Shared kitchens have a cooker with oven, hob and grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, water boiler/kettle, dining table, chairs and an ironing board. You will need to bring pots and pans, cutlery and crockery.
Studios have a microwave or combi-oven, hob, fridge with freezer compartment, water boiler or kettle. Our studios at Birks Grange Village and Lafrowda also have a dining table and chairs. Access to ironing boards can be arranged with your residence management team.
The quantity of items provided depends on the size of the flat. You will need to provide pots and pans, cutlery and crockery.
Please see our Cleaning and Kitchen Equipment User Guide for information on how to use the gas and electrical equipment within kitchens and information on cleaning.
All meals are included for residents of our catered accommodation (Birks Grange, Exeter Halls, Mardon Hall and Moberly House). If you are a visitor or are living in self catered residences you are more than welcome to purchase a meal at a catered hall throughout the term and join us at one of our themed events.
You can bring guests to meals in hall by purchasing a guest voucher (valid on the day of purchase only) from the Dining Room, Manager’s office or Reception before the meal available at one of our Catered Halls. You will need to hand in the receipt at the servery.
Please see the price information below:
|Self Catered Students||Visitor|
Video guide of self catered accommodation at the University of Exeter
You and your flatmates form one compact family and mine are always there for me.