St German's key facts
St German's has 144 single en-suite rooms arranged into flats of six with a shared kitchen and living area. The residence is close to Cornwall House with its social activities and open air swimming pool.
St German’s is the name given to four houses (Chagford, Christow, Lydford and Widecombe).
This residence is managed by our partners University Partnership Programme.
- Dedicated quiet block - Lydford
- 40 week contract
- Seven minute walk to centre of Streatham campus
- Laundry facilities available nearby in Cornwall House
- Bike storage
- Adapted rooms
- Access to the Cornwall House Music Practice Room
The prices below are the contract length total per room.
See how the cost of this residence compares with other residences on our 2015/2016 fees pages.
What is provided?
- Bed, wardrobe, desk and chair, bookshelves, desk lamp or built-in lighting, noticeboard and waste bin.
- High speed wired and wireless network/internet from StudentCom.
- IPTV is available via your computer.
- Arrange a telephone for your room with StudentCom.
- Shower, washbasin and toilet facilities in en-suite and studio rooms.
Rooms in Chagford, Christow, Lydford have double beds (four feet six ins wide). Rooms in Widecombe have single beds (three feet wide). Rooms measure approximately 2590mm x 5520mm. In some residences room sizes vary considerably. These measurements are a guide only.
St German's is number 42 on the map below.
The above map is a zoomed in shot to show you what's in the immediate vicinity of this residence.
View more pictures of the University of Exeter's accommodation on Flickr.
Campus Security are available 24 hours a day seven days a week on 01392 723999 (internal 3999).
St German's is nice and quiet for the most part which is fantastic and very conducive to studying, particularly with only six people to a flat. However it's still sociable - people are very friendly and tend to make the effort to come to your flat. The facilities are also lovely and staff are always on hand if on the rare occasion anything does need fixing.
St German's resident