View more images of St German's on Flickr.
St German's Road
Exeter EX4 6TJ
St German's key facts
St German's has 144 single en-suite rooms arranged into flats of six with a shared kitchen and living area. The residence is close to Cornwall House with its social activities and open air swimming pool.
St German’s is the name given to four houses (Chagford, Christow, Lydford and Widecombe).
To see more images of this residence, please view our Flickr gallery.
This residence is managed by our partners University Partnership Programme.
- Dedicated quiet block - Lydford
- 40 week contract
- Seven minute walk to centre of Streatham campus
- Laundry facilities available nearby in Cornwall House
- Bike storage
- Adapted rooms
- Close to the Cornwall House Music Practice Rooms
The prices below are the contract length total per room.
Rooms in St German's are approximately 14.3m2 (2590mm x 5520mm).
These measurements are a guide only. In some residences room sizes vary considerably.
Rooms in Chagford, Christow, Lydford have double beds (four feet six ins wide). Rooms in Widecombe have single beds (three feet wide).
- Bed, wardrobe, desk and chair.
- Bookshelves, desk lamp or built-in lighting, noticeboard and waste bin.
- High speed wired and wireless network/internet from StudentCom.
- IPTV is available via your computer. For more information on IPTV visit the StudentCom website and choose the 'TV package' option. IPTV is available via your computer. Please note you will still need a TV Licence to watch live TV from any device.
- Arrange a telephone for your room with StudentCom (pre-arrival).
- Shower, washbasin and toilet facilities in en-suite and studio rooms.
Shared kitchens have a cooker with oven, hob and grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, water boiler/kettle, dining table, chairs and an ironing board. You will need to bring pots and pans, cutlery and crockery.
Studios have a microwave or combi-oven, hob, fridge with freezer compartment, water boiler or kettle. Our studios at Birks Grange Village and Lafrowda also have a dining table and chairs. Access to ironing boards can be arranged with your residence management team.
The quantity of items provided depends on the size of the flat. You will need to provide pots and pans, cutlery and crockery.
Please see our Cleaning and Kitchen Equipment User Guide for information on how to use the gas and electrical equipment within kitchens and information on cleaning.
All meals are included for residents of our catered accommodation (Birks Grange, Exeter Halls, Mardon Hall and Moberly House). If you are a visitor or are living in self catered residences you are more than welcome to purchase a meal at a catered hall throughout the term and join us at one of our themed events.
You can bring guests to meals in hall by purchasing a guest voucher (valid on the day of purchase only) from the Dining Room, Manager’s office or Reception before the meal available at one of our Catered Halls. You will need to hand in the receipt at the servery.
Please see the price information below:
|Self Catered Students||Visitor|
Video guide of self catered accommodation at the University of Exeter
St German's is nice and quiet for the most part which is fantastic and very conducive to studying, particularly with only six people to a flat. However it's still sociable - people are very friendly and tend to make the effort to come to your flat. The facilities are also lovely and staff are always on hand if on the rare occasion anything does need fixing.
St German's resident