If you need helps please contact Exeter IT
The Software Centre installed on Windows PC's managed directly by University of Exeter. A range of alternative software for Mac OSX and Personal Windows PC's is available via the Home Software Hub.
- You can also find your Computer Name within the Software Centre which will be needed if you're requesting individually licences software to be installed onto your computer.
- You can find the Software Centre by searching for "software" in your Windows Start Menu
- Once you have loaded the Software Center, You'll see a list of all the Software available to you. Click the icon of the package you would like installed.
- Click the 'Install' button to install it.
- You can check the progress of the Installation, and see which previous applications you've already installed in the 'Installation Status' option on the left hand menu
- If needed, it will tell here you if you need to log off to complete the installation. For most software installs, you won't need to log off.
- If you wish to uninstall an application, open up the Software Centre and select the program. The previous 'Install' button will now be an 'Uninstall' button
- If you cannot find the Software Center on your workstation, please report this to SID so that an engineer can arrange to investigate and update your PC if necessary.
How to find your Computer Name
Click on 'Device Compliance' within the Software Centre and the Computer name is listed near the top of the screen next to the Monitor icon.