BSc Digital and Technology Solutions
|Typical offer||AAB; BTEC Level Three Extended Diploma DDD; IB 34|
|Discipline||Computer Science and IT|
Your Exeter degree paid for
Enjoy a fully-funded university experience, at a Russell Group university, while earning a salary.
A debt-free start to your career
No tuition fees and a salary throughout your studies means you’ll graduate with zero student debt, putting you in a better position when it comes to enjoying more of your post-uni earnings, starting your own business or buying a home.
Solid industry experience is what employers look for when recruiting. As a Degree Apprentice you’ll be working in an exciting and relevant job from day one of your studies, meaning when the time comes to move on, you’ll be one of the most employable graduates in the technology sector.
The modules we outline here provide examples of what you can expect to learn on this degree course based on recent academic teaching. The precise modules available to you in future years may vary depending on staff availability and research interests, new topics of study, timetabling and student demand.
BSc Digital and Technology Solutions is a full Exeter degree, studied over four years through a mix of on-campus residentials, e-learning and real-world projects. As the apprenticeship progresses you will follow one of several occupational specialisms, each addressing a highly sought-after professional role, such as; data analysis, cyber security, software engineering, business analysis or IT consultancy.
The tuition fee for this programme will be paid for you by your employer and the government.
Please note that this course does not follow the standard UCAS application process.
BSc Digital and Technology Solutions is accredited by the Tech Partnership
Entry requirements 2019
A-levels AAB; BTEC Level Three Extended Diploma DDD; IB 34.
Other qualifications of a similar level can be considered. We would encourage applicants with non-standard qualifications to contact us to discuss their eligibility.
Where a candidate has already gained a good undergraduate degree this may be offered to meet entry requirements. Please note that, due to the funded nature of this programme, applicants with undergraduate degrees in computing/ IT are not eligible.
Funding eligibility criteria
As a condition of the government funding support for this programme, to be eligible candidates must be:
- a citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) or other countries determined within the EEA, including those with bilateral agreements such as Switzerland, or have the Right of Abode in the UK, and have been ordinarily resident in the EEA or other countries determined within the EEA, including those with bilateral agreements such as Switzerland, for at least the previous three years on the first day of learning.
A non-EEA citizen is eligible for funding if they have permission granted by the UK government to live in the UK, which is not for educational purposes, and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least the previous three years before the start of learning.
Please read the important information about our Typical offer.
For full and up-to-date information on applying to Exeter and entry requirements, including requirements for other types of qualification, please see the Applying section.
Learning and teaching
BSc Digital and Technology Solutions is delivered through a combination of on-campus residential courses, e-learning and work-based projects.
E-learning elements of the course, including lectures, seminars and online collaborative work, are undertaken through the University’s electronic learning environment. This will supplement and further the learning begun during residentials, as well as providing academic support for ongoing projects in the workplace.
Termly residential courses, held at the University’s Streatham Campus in Exeter, bring all apprentices together from across the country. During the residentials you will meet with fellow apprentices, wider members of the computer science department and spend time with your academic mentor.
Degree apprenticeship roles are developed with a strong emphasis upon the close relationship between employer and university. The academic curriculum will, for a large part, follow real delivery in the workplace with the day-to-day challenges faced in a work environment informing coursework. Similarly, varied academic content will provide your employer with an opportunity to allow you to explore areas of the business that may not fall immediately within your role, such as business organisation or IT law.
To register your interest as a potential student apprentice, please click below and we will update you immediately when opportunities are advertised
Alternatively please call (+44)01392 724061
Or contact us via our online form.
About the apprenticeship
As an apprentice you will be a full salaried member of your organisation, typically earning between £13,000 and £19,000. Much of your learning will take place at work, either through projects linked to academic content or time set aside for distance learning.
Depending upon the vacancy you’ve applied for, you might be working for a small IT start-up or a multinational corporation. Either way, your employer will be fully committed to and supportive of your studies.
BSc Digital and Technology Solutions does not follow the standard UCAS application process. To gain a place you must apply directly to one of our partner employers’ vacancies (advertised below). You can apply to this programme in addition to making applications to any institution through UCAS.
How to apply
- Complete the ‘Register your details form’
- When opportunities become available in companies, we will notify you.
- Apply through your chosen company's website via the links below. You are welcome to apply for more than one vacancy.
- Once you have applied we will review your application, with the company of interest.
- If you meet our requirements you be invited to an interview.
- Once your interview is completed, you will receive a notification about whether you have been successful.
- If you have been successful you will be offered a position with the company. Your place will be confirmed by us, and we will send further information about how to enrol as a student.
- If you have not been successful this time, do not worry! Keep an eye out for other opportunities on this page.
Current vacancies for September 2018
Devon County Council
Through our Step In Apprenticeship Programme we have an exciting opportunity to join our ICT Service at Devon County Council, located in Exeter.
- Interested in ICT and how we can use technology to improve services
- Organised and enjoy working on different projects
- Willing to provide excellent service to the people of Devon
- Able to listen carefully and respond well to people
- Interested in learning more about local government and how it might meet your future career aspirations
This is an extremely exciting time to join us as we are expanding our apprenticeship offer to invest in the future Council workforce. If you have the ambition, drive and qualities we are looking for, then apply now.
Salary: £18,070 per annum
Vacancies for 2019 entry
Register your details with us to be notified as soon vacancies become available for 2019 entry.
Previous employers have included: