- Top 10 for Medicine in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019
- 83% of research classified as world-leading or internationally excellent
- Clinical experience from the first month of the programme
- Graduates who are among the best prepared for safe and effective patient care
- 6th for overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2018
The University of Exeter Medical School offers a highly regarded and innovative curriculum for the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (BMBS) degree, to produce doctors who are able to address the health and social care challenges of the 21st century. The BMBS curriculum provides a clinical focus that is forward thinking and meets the need of students who want to work as doctors in an increasingly integrated, internationalised health environment.
You’ll benefit from access to Exeter’s world-leading applied health research, work with some of the country’s most innovative NHS Trusts, and learn from the best healthcare systems worldwide. You will gain experience of the latest techniques and computational methodologies from genomic medicine to health technologies. There is an inspirational range of opportunities for special study, intercalation and internships.
These will be matched by clinical opportunities in primary, secondary and tertiary settings across the South West at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. We also support those students wishing to take an academic route through the academic or doctoral training programmes.
Our BMBS students are part of a wider commitment to health service training at the University of Exeter, which also includes clinical psychologists, therapists and diagnostic radiographers.