- 95% student satisfaction in our teaching in the Medical School in the National Student Survey 2016
- Top 10 ranking for UK research
- £43m capital investment in the Medical School in last five years
- Ensures that you have the skills required to successfully embark on a career as a Registered Nurse and to be eligible to apply for registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- New innovative approaches that comply with the new NMC Nursing Standards
- Athena SWAN Silver Award
Nurses fulfil an essential role in the modern healthcare setting, using their skills and knowledge to deliver the highest level of healthcare and patient support.
The University of Exeter Academy of Nursing will not only contribute to meeting the needs of our health care delivery partners regionally, but also provides a model for excellence in nursing education globally. Exeter Academy nurses will stand tall among the best in the world.
Our Adult Nursing programme combines the best of modern UK and international nursing practice excellence, with an emphasis on compassion, caring, and technical competence. Academy nurses apply this knowledge and skills to the vital domains of registered practice including physical health, mental health, research and leadership.
Exeter Academy nurses will follow the core nursing tenets of Care, Compassion, Competence, Communication, Courage and Commitment. the '6Cs', and will uphold the Nursing and Midwifery Council professional standards by prioritising people, practising effectively, preserving patient safety, and promoting professionalism and trust.
You will undertake placements in a range of clinical environments that represent the complex situations where modern future nursing must take place. These will include primary care, public health, domestic, and social care settings as well as hospital environments. You will be supported in these clinical areas by trained mentors.
This programme is subject to us gaining accreditation by the Nursing and Midwifery Council.