Create Your Future aligns with UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Meets the three competency areas of the Entrecomp Framework.
Create Your Future
Developing the knowledge, skills and resources to build the career you want
Unique to Exeter, Create your Future is a day-long personal and professional development programme for 1st year students, giving you the opportunity to think about what you want from your future after University, and the practical steps to get there.
The programme introduces you to the Career Zone and planning your future career. It runs in your 1st year so that you have the time needed to explore options, make decisions, develop your skills and gain relevant experiences during your time at University, so you can be in a strong position by the time you are applying for a graduate level job or further study.
The content of the programme will be tailored to you specifically based on your discipline and the stage you are at with your career planning and decision making. Whether you haven’t started thinking about your future career plans and ideas yet, you have a clear idea in mind, or already have experience in a specific sector, the content of the day will be customised to be relevant for you.
All 1st year students need to attend the Create your Future session for their discipline, and the date that the programme runs for you will appear on your iExeter timetable. The day will be a combination of live online workshops, and other online activities for you to work through.
Through participating in this programme you will have the opportunity to:
- Reflect on your values and goals
- Expand your understanding of graduate level career options (including postgraduate study) and what employers are looking for
- Learn about key topics relevant to the modern workplace, and which employers report that graduates are lacking in such as: entrepreneurial thinking, sustainability, commercial awareness, Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity and the fourth industrial revolution.
- Discover the wealth of support and opportunities that the University and Career Zone can offer you, and how to access what is most relevant to you during your time at Exeter.
- Develop your own personalised action plan
We are committed to making Create Your Future as accessible and inclusive as possible, including meeting the needs of students with disabilities.
If you have any disability related support needs or access requirements, please let us know at email@example.com