Student & Graduate Employment on Campus
Looking for paid work alongside your studies?
The university has a dedicated team who source paid working opportunties and internships to help you gain experience and earn money whilst you study. Part-time work is available during term-time and there are full-time opportunities during the holidays. All paid work is advertised on Handshake and promoted on the Career Zone's social media channels.
The working opportunities advertised are suitable for all students including our international student community.
You've got mail!
Every Friday, you can receive a list of the latest paid internships available on campus, and with recommended employers in the southwest.
If you need some help with your CV, interview technique, or just don't know where to start, remember the Career Zone team are available to support you with all of that and more!
If you have queries to do with equality, inclusion and diversity including disclosing a disability or discussing reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, or whilst in the workplace see our specific EDI pages where you will also find useful information on how to find supportive and inclusive employers.
We're a friendly bunch, so just reach out and we'll be more than happy to help, whatever stage you're at.
- Paid internship opportunities are available with academic and professional services across all campuses through the Student Campus Partnership scheme.
- Exeter - For paid job roles working at on-campus bars, cafes and shops, students can express their interest by completing this form.
- Penryn - For casual jobs on campus at Penryn, you can check the FX Plus website for the latest vacancies. You can also approach the outlets at Penryn in person.
If you are looking for a flexible part-time internship to enhance your graduate-level employability skills whilst still fitting around your studies, take a look at our university managed internship schemes.
You can find flexible internships on campus available through the Student Campus Partnership on Handshake by searching 'SCP' in the jobs section. There are opportunities available with academics and professional services at both our Exeter and Cornwall campuses.
Subscribe to the Internships Bulletin
The Internships Bulletin is the best way to learn about the latest opportunities available on campus, and with recommended employers. The bulletin is sent out every Friday afternoon and you can sign up here.
If you are an international student, read these pages before you apply for work.
Casual work in industries such as retail, hospitality, tutoring, care work etc. and are a great option if you don't have a lot of previous work experience or if you are looking for something super-flexible.
Check out the latest vacancies in the feed on this page.
- The university uses a careers platform called Handshake to advertise and promote a wide range of opportunities to our students and graduates, including part-time roles.
- When you are enrolled at the university and receive your student IT credentials, you will be able to sign up to Handshake and start searching for opportunities that interest you.
- If you need some help with your CV, interview technique, or just don't know where to start, remember the Career Zone team are available to support you with all of that and more! We're a friendly bunch, so just reach out and we'll be more than happy to help, whatever stage you're at.
The university's Graduate Business Partnership (GBP) scheme advertises early careers roles on campus and with recommended employers in the southwest.
- GBP roles are the ideal next step after your degree.
- You'll have the opportunity to develop your skills and experience in a supported environment.
- You can attend quarterley networking and professional development events through The Graduate Network.
- Final year students and graduates with a Graduate Visa can apply.
- The scheme is open to all who have graduated from a UK-based university up to 3 years after graduation.
- On-going support is available from the Internships Team throughout your GBP contract.
- Annual salary starts from £22,715 per annum.
All GBP roles are advertised on Handshake and promoted in the weekly Graduate Bulletin. Subscribe to the bulletin here.
If you need any further support finding part-time work, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be more than happy to help you.