The University of Exeter Employment Awards
University of Exeter Employment Awards
University of Exeter Employment Awards
The University of Exeter Employment Awards celebrate the achievements of students who are employed alongside their studies and recent graduates undertaking full-time work. The awards provide formal recognition of the hard work, commitment and time management skills required to attain academic success and take active steps towards enhancing employability skills and preparing for the future careers.
In May 2023 the Awards were relaunched and rebranded to create an exciting event, and The Student Employment Team were honoured to have the university's Vice-Chancellor, Professor Lisa Roberts, open the awards ceremony. It was wonderful to have students, graduates, partner employers of the university, and university colleagues in attendance to celebrate collaboration and individual achievements alike.
Whether employed through one of our managed internship schemes, such as the Student Campus Partnership or Student Business Partnership, a part-time role or an employability programme such as Green Consultants or Professional Pathways, we want as many students as possible who are undertaking meaningful, paid employment whilst studying, to be recognised for the great work they do.
The same goes for the graduate interns recruited through our Graduate Business Partnership Scheme, who deliver impactful change, provide fresh insight and improve business process for employers across Devon and Cornwall and beyond.
And of course, none of this would be possible without our network of employer partners, who deserve to be given recognition and thanks for the opportunities and support they provide for our students and graduates.
This is what the University of Exeter Employment Awards do; by providing a prestigious accolade and a yearly awards ceremony, the awards formally celebrate the successful partnerships taking place between the University of Exeter, its students and graduates and employer partners.
University of Exeter Employment Awards 2024
We are thrilled to open nominations for the University of Exeter Employment Awards 2024, featuring some brand new categories!
- Business Impact
- Overall student winner & Overall graduate winner
- Best international intern (new for 2024)
- Best team award (new for 2024)
- Best internal employer & Best external employer - as voted by students (new for 2024)
- Most engaged employer - self-nominated by employer (new for 2024)
Click on the relevant link below to view the nomination form and begin your nomination.
Nominate your employer (internal or external to the University)
Self-nominate for the 'Most engaged employer' award (more details on this below)
Guidelines for Employers
Students and graduates who are making an impact in the workplace can be nominated for an award which is a prestigious accolade that can be added to their CV to demonstrate their strengths.
Please note that to nominate an employee for a 2024 Employment Award, they must have been employed with you between 1 April 2023 and March 31 2024.
The document linked below provides guidance for nominating managers on how to write your nomination.
**New for 2024 is the opportunity for employers to nominate themselves for an award.** We know that so many of our wonderful employer partners support our students and graduates in a multitude of ways that go beyond employment; through mentoring, providing networking opportunities and so much more besides! This is why for the 2024 Employment Awards, we would like to offer employers the opportunity to nominate themselves for our 'Most Engaged Employer' award, in order for you to be recognised for the breadth of opportunities you provide.
All employers who make a nomination will be invited to the awards ceremony on Friday 24 May 2024 at the Forum on Streatham Campus.
Guidelines for Students and Graduates
If you would like your employer to be recognised for the support they have provided, nominating them for an award is a great way to raise awareness of their brand across Exeter's business community. This also has the potential to increase future working opportunities for students and graduates.
Please note that to nominate your employer for a 2024 Employment Award, you must have been employed with them between 1 April 2023 and 31 March 2024.
You can also ask your employer to nominate you for an award. The document linked below provides guidance on how to broach the subject of a nomination with your manager.
The closing date for all nominations is midnight on Sunday 31 March 2024
The nominations will be reviewed by a panel of judges and everyone involved is invited to our Awards Ceremony on Friday 24 May 2024 where the results will be revealed.
We were so happy to have the sponsorship and support of some truly wonderful employer partners at the 2023 Employment Awards. We feel even more honoured that they have all chosen to support us again for 2024!
The cost of our sponsorship package is £500 + VAT and includes:
- Your logo printed on our photo banner at the event. (A professional photographer will be in attendance to capture images of all the students, graduates, their parents, university staff, and employers).
- Your logo embossed onto the physical awards and certificates.
- A feature on our website.
- At least two mentions on our social media (Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn) as category sponsors.
- The opportunity to announce your sponsored award category at our awards ceremony.
- The opportunity to deliver a two-minute pitch about your organisation at the awards ceremony.
If your organisation would be interested in sponsoring a category at the 2024 Employment Awards, please reach out to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and Becs and the team will be more than happy to help!
Employment Awards 2023 - Award Winners
A huge congratulations to our 2023 winners!
- Business Impact Category winner: Pooja Vijay
- Community Category winner: Harry Evans
- Leadership Category winner: Beth Fraser
- Innovation Category winner: Elizabeth Hedges
- Employer winner: Sophie Meadows, University of Exeter
- Overall student winner: Laura Daniela Perez Chaparro
- Overall graduate winner: Harry Evans
And of course, a special mention goes to our 'highly commended' nominees in each of our student and graduate categories:
- Highly commended – Business Impact: Isabel Dally, Jennie Linzell, Finn Horden and Laura Daniela Perez Chaparro
- Highly commended – Community: Sam Swinerd, Katelyn Wells, Amelia Grove and Rachel Fearn
- Highly commended – Leadership: Marley Pradieu, Pierre De Brosses, Abigail Addai and Abigail Lawrence
- Highly commended – Innovation: Olivia Williams, Eleanor Cook, Vishwanath Bhave Ravnishankar and Caitlyn Le Roux
We are so proud of all of our nominees and winners. Every single one of them is so deserving of their nomination, which speaks volumes as to the contributions they have made to their employers. Well done!
You can check out photos of the 2023 awards ceremony at the link below: