Tel: 01392 722617
The Student Campus Partnership (SCP)
The Student Campus Patnership (SCP) is a supported scheme exclusively for University of Exeter students including international students.
- The scheme promotes paid internships that are available across the university's campuses in Exeter and Penryn.
- Working in an SCP role allows you to work with an academic or a professional services team to further develop your skills and gain experience in areas such as research, special projects, marketing, IT, and much more.
You've got mail!
You can subscribe to the Student Internship Bulletin Emails to hear about the latest opportunities every Friday.
To learn about paid internships with external employers, take a look at the Student Business Partnership page.
Academics and Recruiting Managers from the University of Exeter
Visit the Student Campus Partnership employer facing page to learn about the support available.
Visit the Student Business Partnership webpage.
- You can enhance your CV with a supportive and flexible employer here at the University of Exeter!
- Internships allow you to undertake paid work that develops your skills, knowledge and experience to help you stand out in the jobs market. It can even count towards your Exeter Award.
- SCP opportunities are available throughout the year and offer flexible hours around your schedule. Typically they offer up to 15 hours per week during term time, and 36.5 hours per week during the vacation periods.
- There are a range of opportunities available in Administration, Arts and Culture, Archaeology, Careers, Charity, Data, Digital, Drama, Ecology, Education, Events, Marketing and research throughout all areas of the university.
- You will have the support of the Internships Team who can provide advice and guidance throughout your internships.
- You could be nominated in the University of Exeter Employment Awards which is a great accolade to add to your CV.
Applying for SCP roles
- All SCP roles are advertised on Handshake and you can find them by searching 'SCP' in the jobs section.
- To apply, you can download and complete the Internship Application Form.
- Make sure you refer to the Guidance on completing the application before applying.
- You can upload your completed application form to Handshake or email it to the team at email@example.com
- To apply for SCP roles, you must be a current student at the University of Exeter.
- Incoming students can apply for SCP roles once their offer has been confirmed.
- You must have student status for the duration of the internship.
- You must be located in the UK while you are working.
Further eligibility details can be found on every internship job advert.
How much is the pay?
The University has a two tier pay structure that applies to SCP internships. The rate offered will depend on the level of responsibility and experience required to undertake the role.
- Tier 1: £13:45 per hour (£12.00 basic hourly rate + £1.45 holiday)
- Tier 2: £13.65 per hour (£12.18 basic hourly rate + £1.47 holiday)
How do you get paid?
You will be paid through the university's e-claims system. You can learn about registering on the system and submitting claims by looking at the e-Claims webpages.
The Internships Team will send you all the guidance you need to get set-up when you have been appointed. If you need further support, you can call 01392 722617.
- To help you get started, the team will send you a guide - Making the Most of your Internship
- Your manager or supervisor will meet with you at regular intervals to review your progress and offer any support.
- Remember, you can use the university's Career Mentor Scheme to apply for an experienced professional to help you navigate your new job, support you to apply for your next one, and for general careers advice. The scheme runs for 6-months twice a year.
- The Internships Team are available for support and advice throughout your internship. Contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01392 722617.
If you need accommodation in Exeter while you complete your internship, the University can offer en-suite accommodation over the summer. For more information, take a look at the Accommodation website.
Your feedback is really important to us and helps to shape our service. We want it to be the best!
Eat your heart out!
As your internship comes to an end, the team will send you a survey which takes about 6 minutes to complete. To thank you for completing it, you can opt in to enter our quarterley prize draw to win a £50 Just Eat voucher. Yum!
Blog all about it
Did you know we have a student blog where you can learn about the experience others have had on their internships - check them out here.
If you want to submit a blog, you can contact Jenny Woolacott-Scarr in the Career Zone.
Learn about the experience of other students who have secured internships on campus... take a look at our case studies.
Amanda Searle | Student Employment Support Officer
Amanda has been at the university for 7 years and coordinates the advertising and account management for the Internships Team. Amanda is extremely knowledgeable about all the internship schemes which means she can provide a brilliant service to students, graduates, academics, and employers and is always happy to help with any queries.
Kitty Ashfield | Student Employment Administrator
Kitty joined the Internships Team in February 2023 and is working towards a Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship at Exeter College. Kitty supports the team with advertising, promotional activity, and communications. With a talent for design, Kitty creates engaging content for our social media channels to raise awareness of the employment opportunities available to Exeter's student community.
Olivia Osborne | Internships Assistant
The team wouldn't be complete without our very own intern! Olivia is a second year Business Management & Marketing student at Exeter and a member of the Business & Finance Society (BFS). Olivia helps us to provide ongoing support to students during their internships and manages student feedback. She is also a keen networker in the local area - look out for Olivia's new vlog about the best networking events in Exeter. 'Olivia Recommends' is coming soon...
Andrea Hodges | Employment Schemes Manager
Andrea oversees student employment at the university including internships, graduate recruitment, funding schemes (A2i), and career mentoring. Andrea works with academics, professional services, and external employers to create employment opportunities for all students and graduates. As an experienced education professional, Andrea is passionate about the ongoing development of the service and is always looking at new initiatives and opportunities to collaborate.
Connect with Andrea on LinkedIn