Dr Anurag Roy
Environment and Sustainability Institute ESI Solar Lab Wing
Environment and Sustainability Institute, University of Exeter, Penryn Campus, Penryn, Cornwall, TR10 9FE, UK
Research & Development; Material Synthesis and Characterization; Instrumental Analysis; Solar Cell Fabrication and analysis; Project Management
- Understanding structure-property relationships as well as the development of materials for photovoltaics applications and study of synthesis-property-performance correlation control of the nanostructure of solid-state materials in the photovoltaic application.
- Novel functional metal oxides and nanomaterials using precisely designed nanocrystals as building blocks and investigates their properties as function of their finely tunable nano-features. In this way, they are able to create a new generation of photovoltaic materials in which components, functionalities can defined in a predictable way, and produce elevated scope to advanced functional nanomaterials inclusion for photovoltaic research.
Present Post-Doctoral Researcher (Industry Impact Fellow)
2019 PhD (Chemistry) : CSIR-Central Glass and Ceramic Resaerch Institute, Kolkata, India
2013 M.Sc. (Chemistry): Indian Institute of Technology (ISM), Dhanbad, India
2011 B.Sc. (Chemistry): University of Calcutta, India
Achievements and Members of Professional Bodies
- Selected for the GW4 Early Career Symposia Scheme (Climate)-2020, U.K.
- Selected for Joint UK-India Clean Energy Centre International Placement Call-2019.
- Newton-Bhabha PhD placement award for 2016-2017 funded by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India and British Council.
- Selected as International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) Affiliated Member of 2018.
- First class first gold medallist in M.Sc. (Chemistry) from Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad, India in 2013.
- “Namita Chakraborty Memorial Gold Medal” award winner for being highest departmental scorer in B.Sc. (Honours)-2011
- Junior Research Fellowship awarded from INSPIRE program of Department of Science & Technology, Government of India (2014-2016)
- Senior Research Fellowship awarded from INSPIRE program of Department of Science & Technology, Government of India (2016-2019)
- Winner of Images of Research Competition 2019 under Technology Category for the topic of Bio-inspired Self-cleaning Coating for Solar Cells organized by University of Exeter, United Kingdom.
- Fellow of Indian Chemical Society (ICS)
- Lifetime member of Materials Research Society of India (MRSI)
- Member of Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA)
- Lifetime member of DNA Society of India
- Lifetime Member of Fluorescence Society
Research group links
- Perceiving the Temperature Coefficient of Carbon-based Perovskite Solar Cells, Shubhanshu Bhandari, Anurag Roy, Aritra Ghosh, Senthilarasu Sundaram and Tapas K. Mallick, Sustainable Energy & Fuels (Under Review)
- Race towards Perovskite-BIPV for Less Energy-Hungry Building: A Review, Anurag Roy, Aritra Ghosh, Shubhanshu Bhandari, Senthilarasu Sundaram and Tapas K. Mallick, Buildings (Under Review)
- Incorporating Solution-Processed Mesoporous WO3 as an Interfacial Cathode Buffer Layer for Photovoltaic Applications, Anurag Roy, Aritra Ghosh, Shubhanshu Bhandari, Tapas K. Mallick and Senthilarasu Sundaram, Journal of Physical Chemistry (Revision Submitted)
- Realization of Poly (methyl methacrylate) Encapsulated Solution-Processed Carbon-Based Solar Cells: Emerging Candidate for Buildings’ Comfort, Anurag Roy, Aritra Ghosh, Shubhanshu Bhandari, Tapas K. Mallick and Senthilarasu Sundaram, ACS Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 2020, 59 (23), 11063-11071.
- Synergistic Effect of Nanoflower-like CdS for Removal of Highly Toxic Aqueous Cr(VI), Anurag Roy*, Sasireka Velusamy, Tapas K. Mallick and Senthilarasu Sundaram, Materials Letters, 2020, 270, 127734.
- Impact of Different Light Induced Effect on Organic Hole-Transporting Layer in Perovskite Solar Cells, Shubhanshu Bhandari, Anurag Roy, Tapas K. Mallick and Senthilarasu Sundaram, Materials Letters, 2020, 268, 127568.
- Performance of WO3-Incorporated Carbon Electrodes for Ambient Mesoscopic Perovskite Solar Cells, Shubhanshu Bhandari, Anurag Roy*, Aritra Ghosh, Tapas K. Mallick and Senthilarasu Sundaram, ACS Omega, 2020, 5, 422-429.
- Colour Comfort Evaluation of Dye Sensitized Solar Cell (DSSC) Based Building Integrated Photovoltaic (BIPV) Glazing after Two Years of Ambient Exposure, Anurag Roy, Aritra Ghosh, Subhranshu Bhandari, Prabhakaran Selvaraj, Senthilarasu Sundaram and Tapas K. Mallik, Journal of Physical Chemistry: C, 2019,123, 23834-23837.
- Template Free Synthesis of CdSnO3 Micro Cuboids for Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, Anurag Roy, Partha Pratim Das, Prabhakaran Selvaraj, Senthilarasu Sundaram and P. Sujatha Devi, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, 2019, 380: 111824, 1-10.
- Polyaniline Layered Rutile TiO2 Nanorods as Alternative Photoanode in Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, Anurag Roy, Soumita Mukhopadhyay, Senthilarasu Sundaram and P. Sujatha Devi, ACS Omega, 2019, 4, 1130-1138.
- Soft- Template Synthesis of High Surface Area Mesoporous TiO2 for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells, Prabhakaran Selvaraj, Anurag Roy, Habib Ullah, P. Sujatha Devi, Asif Ali Tahir, Tapas Kumar Mallick and Senthilarasu Sundaram, International Journal of Energy Research, 2019, 43, 523-534.
- A Review on Applications of Cu2ZnSnS4 as Alternative Counter Electrodes in Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells, Anurag Roy, P. Sujatha Devi, S. Karazhanov, D. Mamedov, T.K. Mallick and Senthilarasu Sundaram, AIP Advances, 2018, 8, 070701.
- Multiband Fluorescent Graphitic Carbon Nanoparticles from Queen of Oils, Partha Pratim Das, Srikrishna Pramanik, Sabyasachi Chatterjee, Anurag Roy, Arindam Saha, P. Sujatha Devi and G. Suresh Kumar, ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, 2018, 6, 10127-10139.
- Morphology Tuned BaSnO3 Active Layer for Ambient Perovskite Solar Cell, Anurag Roy, Prabhakaran Selvaraj, P. Sujatha Devi and Senthilarasu Sundaram, Materials Letters, 2018, 219, 166-169.
- Hydrothermally Synthesized Fluorescent Zn2SnO4 Nanoparticles for Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, Partha Pratim Das, Anurag Roy, Shruti A. Agarkar and P. Sujatha Devi, Dyes and Pigments, 2018, 154, 303-313.
- Perforated BaSnO3 Nanorods Exhibiting Enhanced Efficiency in Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, Anurag Roy, Partha Pratim Das, Prabhakaran Selvaraj, Senthilarasu Sundaram and P. Sujatha Devi, ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, 2018, 6, 3299-3310.
- Iron Antimonate Quantum Dots Exhibiting Tunable Visible Light Emission, Pratanu Nag, Partha Pratim Das, Anurag Roy and P. Sujatha Devi, New Journal of Chemistry 2017, 41, 1436-1446.
- Performance of Colloidal CdS Sensitized Solar Cells with ZnO nanorods/nanoparticles, Anurag Roy, Partha Pratim Das, Mukta Tathavadekar, Sumita Das and P. Sujatha Devi, Beilstein Journal of Nanotechnology 2017, 8, 210-221.
- Photovoltaic and Photocatalytic Performance of Electrospun Zn2SnO4 Hollow Fibers, Partha Pratim Das¶, Anurag Roy¶, Mukta Tathavadekar and P. Sujatha Devi, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 2017, 203, 692-703. (¶ Equal contribution)
- Zn2SnO4 as an Alternative Photoanode for Dye Sensitized Solar Cells: Current Status and Future Scope, Partha Pratim Das, Anurag Roy and P. Sujatha Devi, Transactions of the Indian Ceramic Society 2016, 75(3), 1-8. (Platinum jubilee volume edition).
- Fluorescent Carbon Nanoparticles from Citrus sinensis as Efficient Sorbents for Pollutant Dyes, Oluwaseun Adedokun, Anurag Roy, Ayodeji O. Awodugba and P. Sujatha Devi, Luminescence 2017, 32, 62-70.
- Recovery of Zinc from Industrial Waste Pickling Liquor, Abhishek Pathak, Anurag Roy and Manindra Manna, Hydrometallurgy 2016, 163, 161-166.
- Selective Detection of Escherichia coli DNA using Fluorescent Carbon Spindles, Anurag Roy, Sabyasachi Chatterjee, Srikrishna Pramanik, P. Sujatha Devi and G. Suresh Kumar, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2016, 18,12270-12277.
- Enhanced Stability of Zn2SnO4 With N719, N3 And Eosin Y Dye Molecules For DSSC Application, Partha Pratim Das, Anurag Roy, Sumita Das and P. Sujatha Devi, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2016, 18, 1429-1438.
- Citric Acid Functionalized Magnetic Ferrite Nanoparticles for Photocatalytic Degradation of Azo Dye, Triveni Kumar Mahto, Anurag Roy, Banalata Sahoo and Sumanta Kumar Sahu, Journal of Nanoscience & Nanotechnology 2014, 14, 1-8.
- Agri-Tech Cornwall Passive Cooling Project (European Union Funded); Topic: Heat stress in dairy animals can create serious health welfare issues alongside negatively impacting on agricultural production. This project is based to remove the heat from cow sheds/barns using cutting edge technological development alongside existing and emerging collaborative industrial partners. The development of flexible graphene and graphene coatings with different nanostructures has been explored for this project.
- EPSRC Funded Project on Advance building facade design for optimal delivery of end use energy demand. Topic: This is related to design the materials for building facade applications especially for smart window materials design, synthesis and device fabrication for the smart materials for building-integrated photovoltaics (BIPV) facade applications.
- PhD Thesis Tittle: Synthesis and Characterization of Alternative Materials for Dye Sensitized Solar Cells.
Publications by category
Publications by year
Anurag_Roy Details from cache as at 2020-07-03 18:43:13
External Engagement and Impact
- ECR representor from Solar Resaerch Group
- Memeber of University's Return to Learning Program
- Science at the Square Event in Falmouth, U.K.