With a diverse cohort of 6,000 students and 1,300 academic and research staff, the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences explores people, animals and plants across their life span to:
- Understand how cells and molecules evolve and behave
- Understand how diseases, infection, disability and disadvantage develop and find solutions
- Tackle important health challenges using cutting edge science and technology
- Improve the health of humans and our planet
- Train the next generation of scientists and clinicians who will tackle the health and wellbeing problems of the future
Our faculty brings together an amazing combination of disciplinary and interdisciplinary strengths in both research and education. We are building on those strengths to fully develop our faculty’s potential for the future, with a strong ethos of teamwork, trust and understanding, and with respect, transparency and inclusion at the core of the way we work.