Dr Anurag Roy
Environment and Sustainability Institute ESI Solar Lab Wing
Environment and Sustainability Institute, University of Exeter, Penryn Campus, Penryn, Cornwall, TR10 9FE, UK
Research & Development; Material Synthesis and Characterization; Instrumental Analysis; Solar Cell Fabrication and analysis; Project Management
- Understanding structure-property relationships and the development of nanostructured materials for thermal energy storages and Thermo-Opto characteristics. This includes ferroelectric, phase change, transparent insulating, transparent infrared absorber materials.
- Passive cooling strategies for sustainable building development. To understand the impact of geometrical and physical parameters etc. on-air exchange, and cooling effect with the experimental prototypes.
- Photovoltaics applications and study of synthesis-property-performance correlation control of the nanostructure of solid-state materials in the photovoltaic application.
- Novel functional metal oxides and nanomaterials using precisely designed nanocrystals as building blocks and investigate their properties as a function of their finely tunable nano-features. In this way, they can create a new generation of photovoltaic materials in which components; functionalities can define predictably and produce elevated scope to advanced functional nanomaterials inclusion for photovoltaic research.
- Employment of these photovoltaic cells for advanced building facade design to achieve optimal delivery of end-use energy demand. This further signifies to design of the materials for building facade applications, especially for smart window materials design, synthesis and device fabrication for the smart materials for building-integrated photovoltaics facade and passive cooling applications.
2019- Running: Postdoctoral Researcher
2019 Ph.D. (Chemistry): CSIR-Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute, Kolkata, India
(Degree conferred by Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India)
2013-2014: Research Associate, R&D, Tata Steel, Jamshedpur, India
2013 M.Sc. (Chemistry): Indian Institute of Technology (ISM), Dhanbad, India
2011 B.Sc. (Chemistry): University of Calcutta, India
Achievements and Members of Professional Bodies
- First-class first gold medallist in M.Sc. (Chemistry) from Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad, India in 2013
- “Namita Chakraborty Memorial Gold Medal” award winner for being the highest departmental scorer in B.Sc. (Honours)-2011
- Junior Research Fellowship awarded from INSPIRE program of Department of Science & Technology, Government of India (2014-2016)
- Senior Research Fellowship awarded from INSPIRE program of Department of Science & Technology, Government of India (2016-2019)
- Newton-Bhabha PhD placement award for 2016-2017 funded by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India and British Council
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) qualified in Chemistry in 2014
- Fellow of Indian Chemical Society (ICS)
- Awarded “Bharat Shiksha Gaurav Puraskar” and a “Certificate of Education Excellence” by KTK Foundation, India 2021.
- Best Young Researcher (Male) Award-2021 from Scholars Academic and Scientific Society, India.
- A Lifetime Member of Institute of Science & Technology, U.K.
- Best Researcher Award for the Contribution and Honourable Achievement in Innovative Research, award given by Science Father, a trademark of Scifax company, Approved and Registered by Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), Govt. of India.
- Selected as International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) Affiliated Member of 2018
- A lifetime member of the Materials Research Society of India (MRSI)
- A lifetime member of the Electron Microscope Society of India (EMSI)
- A lifetime member of the Institute of Researchers, India
- Seasonal Member of Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA)
- A lifetime member of the DNA Society of India
- A Lifetime Member of IAAM-International Association of Advanced Materials, Sweden
- Member of Society of Functional Nanomaterials, U.K.
- A Lifetime Member of Fluorescence Society
- A lifetime member of Scholars Academic and Scientific Society
- Member of Indian Association of Solid-State Chemists and Allied Scientists.
- Early Career Researcher representative of Solar Research Group, University of Exeter, UK.
- Registered candidate of Global Innovation Academic Programme (GIAN) under the Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Government of India (Registration No.: 2015150318455).
- MCM fellowship award during M.Sc. course from Indian School of Mines. Dhanbad, India (2011-2013)
- The cash prize winner for being departmental topper from Indian School of Mines. Dhanbad, India (2012-2013).
- Hostel Perfect of Jasper Hostel (2012-2013), Indian School of Mines. Dhanbad 2012-2013
- Governing Body Member of ISM Social Services (ISS) 2012-2013
- Advisory Committee co-ordinator of “Oitijhya” cultural community group of Indian School of Mines. Dhanbad, India 2012-2013
- Poster Award (1st Position) entitled as “Zn2SnO4 nanostructures as photoanodes in Dye Sensitized Solar Cells ” P.P Das, Anurag Roy, S. A. Agarkar & P. Sujatha Devi at 2nd International Conference on Nanotechnology (ICNT-2015) and Indo-USA joint symposium organized by Haldia Regional Center IIChe, Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Haldia Institute of Technology,2015.
- Poster Award (1st Position) award for poster presentation entitled as “Electrospun Zn2SnO4 alternative photoanode in DSSC” by Anurag Roy, P.P Das, M. Tathavadekar and P. Sujatha Devi on Materials Research Society of India, Annual General Meeting, CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat, Assam, 2016.
- Poster award (2nd Position) entitled as “Enhanced Stability of Zn2SnO4 Ceramic as a Photoanode in Dye Sensitized Solar Cells” by Anurag Roy, P.P. Das, S. Das and P. Sujatha Devi on International Conference on Ceramic, Glass and Refractories- Emerging Innovation and 80th Annual General Meeting of Indian Ceramic Society, CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, 13-15 December 2016.
- Poster Award (1st Position) entitled as “Dual Applications of Hydrothermally Synthesized TiO2 Nanorods” by P. Ghosh, Anurag Roy, M. Narjinary and P. Sujatha Devi on National Symposium on New Trends of Research in Solid State Chemistry and Allied Arrears at Jammu University, Jammu organized by ISCAS Institute of Solid State and Materials Science, Jammu, 4-6 March 2018.
- Winner of Images of Research Competition 2019 under Technology Category for the topic of Bio-inspired Self-cleaning Coating for Solar Cells organized by University of Exeter, United Kingdom.
- Best Paper for Oral Presentation entitled as “Electrochemically Reduced Graphene Oxide Modified Electrode for Detection of Parathion Pesticide” by Sarani Sen, Anurag Roy, Ambarish Sanyal and P. Sujatha Devi in the session of semiconductors and sensors on International Conference on Chemical and Environmental Sciences (ICCAES 2019) organized by Institute of Engineering and Management, Kolkata, India at Kolkata, 19th-21st September 2019.
- Best Poster Award (1st Position) entitled as “Newer Applications of Anatase TiO2 -Na0.23TiO2 Composite Nanorods” P. Ghosh, Anurag Roy, M. Narjinary, S. Sen and P. Sujatha Devi on 3rd International Conference on Advanced Functional Materials organized by CSIR National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (CSIR-NIIST) in association with the Indian Ceramic Society, Kerala Chapter and the Material research Society of India, Thiruvananthapuram Chapter at CSIR-NIIST, Thiruvananthapuram, 9-10 December, 2019.
- Best Oral presentation award entitled as “Meet the All-Carbon Solar Cells for Renewable Applications” by Anurag Roy, Aritra Ghosh, Shubhranshu Bhandari, Senthilarasu Sundaram and Tapas Kumar Mallick on the First Virtual Conference International Symposium “Functional Nanomaterials in Industrial & Clinical Applications: Academy-Industry-Clinician Meet” July 14-16, 2020 organized by UClan UK, FNM and UKIERI.
- Best Oral presentation entitled as “Emplacement of Chemically Modified Screen-Printed Graphene Oxide Coatings for Solar Thermal Management” by Anurag Roy on the Virtual National Conference on Catalysis and Photocatalysis for Clean Energy (CPCE) organized by National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur, India, October 9-10 2020.
- Best Oral presentation entitled as “Perceiving the Versatility of Nanostructured Materials for Wastewater Treatment: A synthesis Characterization- Application Approach” by Anurag Roy on the Indo-Korea Virtual Conference on Development of Advanced Materials for Future Technologies (DAMFT - 2021) organized by KAIST, Daejeon, South Korea, Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) Chennai, SPIE Student Chapter, VIT Chennai, May 14-15, 2021.
- Best Young Researcher Presentation Award at "Young Researcher Meet" (75 participants across the globe) hosted by the Department of Chemistry, School of Technology, Pandit Deendayal Energy University, Gujarat, India on July 24, 2021.
- Selected for the Entrepreneurial Researcher Programme-2021 (Cohort 3) of the University of Exeter 2021 - This is based on my research idea sharing that may have commercial potential, or could be the basis of a new spin-out company, then help is at hand!
Young Researchers Award-2021 from the Institute of Researchers in India for the outstanding research contribution in Chemistry.
Research group links
- Employing CdS Nanoparticles as an Adsorbent for the Removal of Different Dosages of Hexavalent Cr (VI) from Aqueous Solution, Sasireka Velusamy, Anurag Roy, Senthilarasu Sundaram, Tapas K Mallick, Materials Letters, 2022, 311, 131602 (IF: 3.423)
- Mustard Oil Assisted Cotton Soot as NiO-supported Low-Temperature and Composite High-Temperature Counter Electrode for Ambient Perovskite Solar Cells, Shubhranshu Bhandari, Anurag Roy, Mir Sahidul Ali, Tapas Kumar Mallick and Senthilarasu Sundaram, Scientific Report, 2021,11, 23388. (IF: 5.133)
- The Emergence of Concentrator Photovoltaics for Hybrid Perovskites Solar Cells, Priyabrata Sadhukhan, Anurag Roy, Payal Sengupta, Sachindranath Das, Tapas K. Mallick, and Senthilarasu Sundaram, Applied Physics Review, 2021, 8, 041324. (IF: 19.160)
- Opportunities of Copper Addition in CH3NH3PbI3 Perovskite and Their Photovoltaic Performance Evaluation, Maria Khalid,¶ Anurag Roy, ¶ Shubhranshu Bhandari, Prabhakaran Selvaraj, Senthilarasu Sundaram, Tapas K. Mallick, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2022, 895 (1), 162626 (¶ Equal contribution) (IF: 5.316)
- The Opportunity of Cadmium Stannate as Transparent Conducting Oxide for Perovskite-Based Concentrated Photovoltaic System, Maria Khalid, Anurag Roy, Senthilarasu Sundaram, Tapas K. Mallick, 38th European PV Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition (EU-PVSEC) 2021, 425-430. DOI:10.4229/EUPVSEC20212021-3BV.1.7. ISBN: 3-936338-78-7. (Conference Article)
- Solution-Processed Al-doped ZnO and Its Performance in Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, Partha Pratim Das, Anurag Roy, Parukuttyamma Sujatha Devi, and Yongjae Lee, Current Applied Physics, 2021, 30, 69-76. (IF: 2.481)
- Nanostructured Perovskite Oxides for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells Md. S. Sheikh,¶ Anurag Roy,¶ Alo Dutta, Senthilarasu Sundaram, Tapas K. Mallick, T. P. Sinha, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 2021, 54, 493001. (¶ Equal contribution) (IF: 3.207)
- Surface Treatment of Industrial-Grade Magnetite Particles for Enhanced Thermal Stability and Mitigating Paint Contaminants, Mohua Sinhababu, Anurag Roy, Narendra Kumar, Monojit Dutta, Senthilarasu Sundaram, Smagul Karazhanov, and G. Udayabhanu, Nanomaterials, 2021, 11, 2299. (IF: 5.076)
- Understanding the Semi-switchable Thermochromic Behavior of Mixed Halide Hybrid Perovskite Nanorods, Anurag Roy*, Habib Ullah, Aritra Ghosh, Hasan Baig, Senthilarasu Sundaram, Asif Tahir, Tapas K. Mallick, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2021,125 (32), 18058-18070. (IF: 4.126)
- Intriguing CeO2-TiO2 hybrid nanostructured photoanode resulting up to 46% efficiency enhancement for dye-sensitized solar cells, Anurag Roy*, Shubhranshu Bhandari, Senthilarasu Sundaram, Tapas K. Mallick, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 2021, 272, 125036. (IF: 4.094)
- In-Situ Assessment of Photovoltaic Soiling Mitigation Techniques in Northern Nigeria, Yusuf N. Chanchangi, Anurag Roy, Aritra Ghosh, Senthilarasu Sundaram, Tapas K. Mallick, Energy Conversation and Management, 2021, 244, 114442. (IF: 9.709)
- Investigation of Thermal Stress Arising in a Graphene Neutral Density Filter for Concentrated Photovoltaic System, Mussad M. Alzahrani, Anurag Roy, Senthilarasu Sundaram, Tapas K. Mallick, Energies, 2021, 14, 3515. (IF: 3.004)
- Integrating Concentrated Optics for Ambient Perovskite Solar Cells, Maria Khalid, Anurag Roy, Shubhranshu Bhandari, Senthilarasu Sundaram, Tapas K. Mallick, Energies 2021, 14 (9), 2714. (IF: 3.004)
- Effect of Dye Sensitization’s Temperature on ZnO-based Solar Cells, Anurag Roy*, Senthilarasu Sundaram, Tapas K. Mallick, Chemical Physics Letters 2021, 776, 138688. (IF: 2.328)
- Cu2ZnSnS4, a Fascinating Counter Electrode for TiO2 Free Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells, Anurag Roy*, Senthilarasu Sundaram, Tapas K. Mallick, Chemistry Select 2021, 6, 1541-1547. (IF:2.109)
- A Review on Heavy Metal Ions and Containing Dyes Removal Through Graphene Oxide-Based Adsorption Strategies for Textile Wastewater Treatment, Sasireka Velusamy, Anurag Roy, Senthilarasu Sundaram and Tapas K. Mallick, The Chemical Record, 2021, 21, 1-42. (IF: 6.771)
- Eggshell Membrane Assisted CdS Nanoparticles for Manganese Removal in Water Treatment, Anurag Roy*, Sasireka Velusamy, Tapas K. Mallick and Senthilarasu Sundaram, Advanced Materials Letters, 2021,12(3), 21031609. (IF: Pending)
- Graphene as a Pre-Illumination Cooling Approach for a Concentrator Photovoltaic (CPV) System, Mussad Alzahrani, Anurag Roy, Katie Shanks, Senthilarasu Sundaram, Tapas K. Mallick, Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells, 2021, 222, 110922. (IF: 7.262)
- A New Functional Composite for Photovoltaic and Sensor Applications, Puja Ghosh, Anurag Roy, Soumita Mukhopadhyay, Mousumi Narjinary, Senthilarasu Sundaram, Shrabanee Sen, P. Sujatha Devi, Advanced Electronic Materials, 2020, 7(3), 2000785. (IF:7.295)
- Efficient Carbon Counter Electrodes for BaSnO3-based Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells, Anurag Roy*, Puja Ghosh, P. Sujatha Devi, Senthilarasu Sundaram and Tapas K. Mallick, Materials Today : Proceedings, 2021, 45, 3685-3691. (Conference Article)
- Perceiving the Temperature Coefficients of Carbon-based Perovskite Solar Cells, Shubhanshu Bhandari, Anurag Roy, Aritra Ghosh, Senthilarasu Sundaram and Tapas K. Mallick, Sustainable Energy & Fuels, 2020, 4, 6283-6298. (IF: 6.04)
- Emplacement of Screen-Printed Graphene Oxide Coating for Building Thermal Comfort Discernment, Anurag Roy*, Aritra Ghosh, David Benson, Tapas K. Mallick and Senthilarasu Sundaram, Scientific Reports, 2020, 10, 15578. (IF: 5.133)
- Highly Conductive Double Perovskite Oxides A2LuTaO6 (A= Ba, Sr, Ca) as Promising Photoanode Material for Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, Md Sariful Sheikh, Anurag Roy, Shubhranshu Bhandari, Tapas K Mallick, Tripurari Prasad Sinha, Senthilarasu Sundaram, Materials Letters, 2020, 276, 128220. (IF: 3.423)
- Perovskite Solar Cells for BIPV Application: A Review, Anurag Roy, Aritra Ghosh, Shubhanshu Bhandari, Senthilarasu Sundaram and Tapas K. Mallick, Buildings 2020, 10, 129 (1-37). (IF:3.01)
- Incorporating Solution-Processed Mesoporous WO3 as an Interfacial Cathode Buffer Layer for Photovoltaic Applications, Anurag Roy, Aritra Ghosh, Shubhanshu Bhandari, Tapas K. Mallick and Senthilarasu Sundaram, Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 2020, 124 (28) 5709-5719. (IF: 2.781)
- Realization of Poly (methyl methacrylate) Encapsulated Solution-Processed Carbon-Based Solar Cells: Emerging Candidate for Buildings' Comfort, Anurag Roy, Aritra Ghosh, Shubhanshu Bhandari, Tapas K. Mallick and Senthilarasu Sundaram, ACS Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 2020, 59 (23), 11063-11071. (IF: 3.71)
- Synergistic Effect of Nanoflower-like CdS for Removal of Highly Toxic Aqueous Cr(VI), Anurag Roy*, Sasireka Velusamy, Tapas K. Mallick and Senthilarasu Sundaram, Materials Letters, 2020, 270, 127734. (IF: 3.423)
- Impact of Different Light Induced Effect on Organic Hole-Transporting Layer in Perovskite Solar Cells, Shubhanshu Bhandari, Anurag Roy, Tapas K. Mallick and Senthilarasu Sundaram, Materials Letters 2020, 268, 127568. (IF: 3.423)
- Performance of WO3-Incorporated Carbon Electrodes for Ambient Mesoscopic Perovskite Solar Cells, Shubhanshu Bhandari, Anurag Roy*, Aritra Ghosh, Tapas K. Mallick and Senthilarasu Sundaram, ACS Omega 2020, 5, 422-429. (IF: 3.512)
- Colour Comfort Evaluation of Dye Sensitized Solar Cell (DSSC) Based Building Integrated Photovoltaic (BIPV) Glazing after Two Years of Ambient Exposure, Anurag Roy, Aritra Ghosh, Subhranshu Bhandari, Prabhakaran Selvaraj, Senthilarasu Sundaram and Tapas K. Mallik, Journal of Physical Chemistry: C, 2019,123, 23834-23837. (IF: 4.126)
- Template Free Synthesis of CdSnO3 Micro Cuboids for Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, Anurag Roy, Partha Pratim Das, Prabhakaran Selvaraj, Senthilarasu Sundaram and P. Sujatha Devi, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, 2019, 380: 111824, 1-10. (IF: 4.291)
- Polyaniline Layered Rutile TiO2 Nanorods as Alternative Photoanode in Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, Anurag Roy, Soumita Mukhopadhyay, Senthilarasu Sundaram and P. Sujatha Devi, ACS Omega, 2019, 4, 1130-1138. (IF: 3.512)
- Soft- Template Synthesis of High Surface Area Mesoporous TiO2 for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells, Prabhakaran Selvaraj, Anurag Roy, Habib Ullah, P. Sujatha Devi, Asif Ali Tahir, Tapas Kumar Mallick and Senthilarasu Sundaram, International Journal of Energy Research, 2019, 43, 523-534. (IF: 5.164)
- A Review on Applications of Cu2ZnSnS4 as Alternative Counter Electrodes in Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells, Anurag Roy, P. Sujatha Devi, S. Karazhanov, D. Mamedov, T.K. Mallick and Senthilarasu Sundaram, AIP Advances 2018, 8, 070701. (IF: 1.624)
- Multiband Fluorescent Graphitic Carbon Nanoparticles from Queen of Oils, Partha Pratim Das, Srikrishna Pramanik, Sabyasachi Chatterjee, Anurag Roy, Arindam Saha, P. Sujatha Devi and G. Suresh Kumar, ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, 2018, 6, 10127-10139. (IF: 8.198)
- Morphology Tuned BaSnO3 Active Layer for Ambient Perovskite Solar Cell, Anurag Roy, Prabhakaran Selvaraj, P. Sujatha Devi and Senthilarasu Sundaram, Materials Letters, 2018, 219, 166-169. (IF: 3.423)
- Hydrothermally Synthesized Fluorescent Zn2SnO4 Nanoparticles for Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, Partha Pratim Das, Anurag Roy, Shruti A. Agarkar and P. Sujatha Devi, Dyes and Pigments, 2018, 154, 303-313.(IF: 4.889)
- Perforated BaSnO3 Nanorods Exhibiting Enhanced Efficiency in Dye Sensitized Solar Cells, Anurag Roy, Partha Pratim Das, Prabhakaran Selvaraj, Senthilarasu Sundaram and P. Sujatha Devi, ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, 2018, 6, 3299-3310. (IF: 8.198)
- Iron Antimonate Quantum Dots Exhibiting Tunable Visible Light Emission, Pratanu Nag, Partha Pratim Das, Anurag Roy and P. Sujatha Devi, New Journal of Chemistry, 2017, 41, 1436-1446. (IF: 3.591)
- Performance of Colloidal CdS Sensitized Solar Cells with ZnO nanorods/nanoparticles, Anurag Roy, Partha Pratim Das, Mukta Tathavadekar, Sumita Das and P. Sujatha Devi, Beilstein Journal of Nanotechnology, 2017, 8, 210-221. (IF: 3.649)
- Photovoltaic and Photocatalytic Performance of Electrospun Zn2SnO4 Hollow Fibers, Partha Pratim Das¶, Anurag Roy¶, Mukta Tathavadekar and P. Sujatha Devi, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2017, 203, 692-703. (¶ Equal contribution) (IF: 19.503)
- Zn2SnO4 as an Alternative Photoanode for Dye Sensitized Solar Cells: Current Status and Future Scope, Partha Pratim Das, Anurag Roy and P. Sujatha Devi, Transactions of the Indian Ceramic Society, 2016, 75(3), 1-8. (Platinum jubilee volume edition). (IF: 1.729)
- Fluorescent Carbon Nanoparticles from Citrus sinensis as Efficient Sorbents for Pollutant Dyes, Oluwaseun Adedokun, Anurag Roy, Ayodeji O. Awodugba and P. Sujatha Devi, Luminescence, 2017, 32, 62-70. (IF: 2.19)
- Recovery of Zinc from Industrial Waste Pickling Liquor, Abhishek Pathak, Anurag Roy and Manindra Manna, Hydrometallurgy, 2016, 163, 161-166. (IF: 4.156)
- Selective Detection of Escherichia coli DNA using Fluorescent Carbon Spindles, Anurag Roy, Sabyasachi Chatterjee, Srikrishna Pramanik, P. Sujatha Devi and G. Suresh Kumar, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2016, 18,12270-12277. (IF: 3.676)
- Enhanced Stability of Zn2SnO4 With N719, N3 And Eosin Y Dye Molecules for DSSC Application, Partha Pratim Das, Anurag Roy, Sumita Das and P. Sujatha Devi, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2016, 18, 1429-1438. (IF: 3.676)
- Citric Acid Functionalized Magnetic Ferrite Nanoparticles for Photocatalytic Degradation of Azo Dye, Triveni Kumar Mahto, Anurag Roy, Banalata Sahoo and Sumanta Kumar Sahu, Journal of Nanoscience & Nanotechnology, 2014, 14, 1-8. (IF: 1.354)
- Smart Glazing Thermal Comfort Improvement Through Near-Infrared Shielding Paraffin Incorporated SnO2-Al2O3 Composite, Anurag Roy*, Habib Ullah, Aritra Ghosh, Tapas K. Mallick and Asif Ali Tahir (Manuscript under revision in Composite Science and Technology) (IF: 9.078)
- Electrochemical Selective Detection of Parathion using the Reduced Graphene Oxide Modified Electrode: A Non-enzymatic Simplified Approach, Sarani Sen, Anurag Roy, P. Sujatha Devi, Ambarish Sanyal (Manuscript Submitted to Chem Electro Chem) (IF: 7.46)
- Compelling Climatic Behaviour of Carbon-Perovskite Solar cell for Fenestration Integration, Shubhranshu Bhandari, Aritra Ghosh, Anurag Roy, Tapas Kumar Mallick, Senthilarasu Sundaram, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews (Under Revision in Chemical Engineering Journal Advances). (IF Pending)
- Microbial Fuel Cells for Mineralization and Decolorization of Azo Dyes: Recent Advances in Design and Materials, Science of the Total Environment (Under Revision) (IF: 7.963)
- Interfacial Band Offset Engineering with Barium-doping Towards Enhanced Performance of all inorganic CsPbI2Br Perovskite Solar Cells (Manuscript Submitted to Chemical Engineering Journal) (IF: 13.273)
- An Overview of Current Printing Technologies for Large-scale Perovskite Solar Cell Development, Sreeram Valsalakumar, Anurag Roy, Justin Hinshelwood, Tapas Mallick, and Senthilarasu Sundaram (Manuscript Submitted in AIP Advances) (IF: 1.624)
- Agri-Tech Cornwall Passive Cooling Project (European Union Funded); Topic: Heat stress in dairy animals can create serious health welfare issues alongside negatively impacting on agricultural production. This project is based to remove the heat from cow sheds/barns using cutting edge technological development alongside existing and emerging collaborative industrial partners. The development of flexible graphene and graphene coatings with different nanostructures has been explored for this project.
- EPSRC Funded Project on Advance building facade design for optimal delivery of end use energy demand. Topic: This is related to design the materials for building facade applications especially for smart window materials design, synthesis and device fabrication for the smart materials for building-integrated photovoltaics (BIPV) facade applications.
- PhD Thesis Tittle: Synthesis and Characterization of Alternative Materials for Dye Sensitized Solar Cells.
Long-term Carrer Objectives:
- Group Research: Skills developed during the professorship are transferrable and essential for successful career development and will place me in an ideal position to obtain career grants, allowing me to reach a tenure-track position and start my research group develops a pathway for technology transfer.
- Sustainable and Quality: To assess socio-economic and environmental impacts of based research. The focus will be more on sustainable development and quality policy.
- Collaboration: Collaborations can take many forms, including financial contributions, access to facilities and equipment, provision of equipment/materials/supplies/services, access to data and results, provision of staff/students, advice, mentoring and participation in a steering group, expertise, and networking/introductions. To collaborate with industry and policy actors to promote my research activities through circular economic governance processes in India and maybe other developing countries.
- Enhancement of Human Resources: New course implements like nanoscience and nanotechnology, promoting more material science and its impact via organizing workshops, seminars, science shows and utilizing the platform of social media as well, like a nanoart competition: kind of microscopic image competition, quizzing, blog, etc.
- Publication and Patent followed by Technology Transfer: Use of the technology, affordability, and institutional arrangements, and governance provide high impact to create research and development work and technology transfer for the research work and proposal.
Publications by category
Publications by year
Anurag_Roy Details from cache as at 2022-01-27 00:15:55
External Engagement and Impact
- ECR Representative from Solar Research Group
- Laboratory Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessment Records
- Member of University's Return to Learning Program
- Science at the Square Event in Falmouth, U.K.
- University of Exeter’s Return to Learning Program- find a route into return study.
- Falmouth Science in the Square and Street Science program- a platform to share the knowledge, passion and expertise for science with the local community.
- University of Exeter’s Early Career Researcher Forum Program (I am the representor of my research group)
- Researcher of Agri-Tech Cornwall Program - innovation that makes agriculture more efficient and productive, more resilient and secure, more profitable, and better able to enhance and protect the natural environment and those that farm it.
- One of the founding members of the India based non-government organization named “Amra Sobai Raja-Cultural Association” registered under the Government of West Bengal Act XXVI of 1961, Registration No. S0020053 of 2021-2022.
Supervision / Group
- Hasan Baig
- Aritra Ghosh
- Srijita Nundy
- Katie Shanks
- Habib Ullah
- Shubhranshu Bhandari
- Sreeram Valsalakumar
- Sasireka Velusamy