About Research Services
Research Services is the hub of all research activities at the University of Exeter.
We provide effective support for the delivery, monitoring and oversight of the Research and Impact Strategy across its four pillars:
- Building a World Class research environment
- Growing a global research reputation for Exeter
- Driving Impact and Partnership
- Delivering a sustainable business model for Research
To find out more about Research at Exeter and research support please visit:
- Research Toolkit - help and advice for University of Exeter academics at every step of the research process
- Inspiring research - our research focuses on some of the most fundamental issues facing humankind today, from climate change to conflicts in the Middle East
- Supporting the full life cycle of research projects, from horizon scanning for opportunities, research development of applications through to research project management & delivery (including financial management) and post-project development and reporting
- Joint strategic, policy and planning support to the University and Colleges to build and sustain an excellent research environment for our academics
- Deliver an efficient and effective service, with continuous improvement, high levels of staff satisfaction and transparent opportunities for development and the transference of skills across the service
- Individual academics, research groups
- Colleges, Institutes and University management
- RS staff, university management and service users
What we strive for
For our research project life cycle support, see statement of expectation
- deliver service to academics of highest quality/ standards
- maintain partnership working at the core of our approach
- be responsive to academic needs
- provide informed guidance and support
- have an embedded culture of continuous improvement
- work efficiently and effectively
- take into account external and internal constraints
Establish, with Colleges, University and College targets for application, awards, income and cost recovery, and PGR student numbers, aiming for a sustainable portfolio.
To lead and support strategic interventions, including delivery of the Research and Impact Strategy, with support for relevant governance.
To work with Colleges to ensure the University’s research is assessed as of the highest standard possible, through research monitoring and preparations for national research excellence framework exercises.
Embed and monitor effectiveness of new Research Services Directorate and ways of working.
|Name||Position||How to contact|
|Drs. Astrid Wissenburg||Director of Research Servicesemail@example.com
|Julie McLaren||Deputy Director (Research Strategy, Policy, Planning)||firstname.lastname@example.org 3799|
|Clare Wydell||Assistant Director (Research Development & Management)||email@example.com 3797|
|Steve Popham||Assistant Director (Research Finance)||firstname.lastname@example.org 3754|