Birks Grange Village (self catered)
For: Undergraduate and Postgraduate students
Located: On Streatham Campus
Room type(s): Standard (townhouse), En-suite, Studio
Birks Grange Village is located a 12 minute walk away from the centre of campus. This residence is available to both undergraduates and postgraduates, but these student groups won't be mixed and will be housed in separate flats and/or blocks.
Birks Grange Village provides provides townhouse, en-suite and studio accommodation.
- There are 13 townhouses with 156 bedrooms in total. Each townhouse has 12 bedrooms on 3 floors, with four bedrooms and two shower rooms on each floor. The townhouses are for undergraduate students only.
- There are 286 single en-suite rooms with a shared kitchen/diner in cluster flats of up to eight rooms. The en-suite rooms are for undergraduate students only.
- The 390 single studios are open-plan and include a double bed, workspace, en-suite bathroom (toilet, washbasin and shower) and small kitchenette/diner. Nine of these rooms are larger and available to student couples. The studios are available to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Accessibility information is available on the AccessAble website.
Reception contact details
Tel: 01392 726230
Where to collect your post and parcels
F-Q blocks - Ross House Reception
If you are having items delivered direct to your accommodation block, please use the relevant postcode:
About this accommodation
40 week contract lengths
Social space with snooker and pool tables in the Central Block
Bookable communal kitchen, The Grange
Convenience store nearby in Central Block
Designated quiet block available
Kay House nearby
Rooms available for wheelchair users
The prices below are the contract length total per room.
|40 weeks (UG only)
|40 weeks (UG only)
|40 weeks (UG and PG)
|40 weeks (UG and PG couples)
Townhouse standard rooms at Birks Grange Village are approximately 9.9m2 (2904mm x 3406mm).
En-suite rooms at Birks Grange Village are approximately 14.7m2 (2756mm x 5316mm).
Single studios at Birks Grange Village are approximately 16.1m2 (2806mm x 5736mm).
Double studios at Birks Grange Village are approximately 32m2 (5600mm x 11460mm).
These measurements are a guide only. In some residences room sizes vary considerably.
All townhouse and en-suite rooms have longer length single beds (6'9" by 3').
Studios have longer length three-quarter double beds (6'9" by 4') except some rooms in H block which have longer length double beds (6'9" by 4'6").
The mattresses are seven inches (20 cm) thick and, due to their longer length, standard fitted sheets may not fit these mattresses. We recommend for studios a flat sheet of 7' by 4'6" and for en-suite and townhouses a flat sheet of 7' by 4'.
All bedrooms in Birks Grange Village self-catered residences have the following:
- Bed, wardrobe, desk and chair.
- Bookshelves, desk lamp or built-in lighting, noticeboard and waste bin.
- Shower, washbasin and toilet facilities in en-suite rooms.
- High speed wired and wireless network/internet is available from Glide Student. You will need to register online to receive access.
- No aerial socket in en-suite and studio rooms; students can use a laptop or desktop to watch TV. Please note you will still need a TV Licence to watch live TV or BBC iPlayer from any device.
For details of your room size and specifics of each residence please see the room details tab above.
Shared kitchens have a cooker with oven, hob and grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, water boiler/kettle, dining table, chairs and an ironing board.
The quantity of items provided depends on the size of the flat. You will need to provide pots and pans, cutlery and crockery.
Please see our Kitchen and cleaning guide for information on how to use and maintain the gas and electrical equipment within our kitchens.
Your postcode is depending on your block and room number
- Block F - EX4 4FS
- Block G - EX4 4FT
- Block H - EX4 4GE
- Block J floors LG to 1 - EX4 4FZ
- Block J floors 2 to 4 - EX4 4GD
- Block K - EX4 4GF
- Block L - EX4 4GG
- Block M - EX4 4GH
- Block N - EX4 4GJ
- Block P - EX4 4GJ
- Block Q - EX4 4GJ
Birks Grange Village gallery
I've loved living in halls in my time at Exeter! Birks Grange is only a short distance from campus and means it's easy to get to all my lectures, seminars, social and sports events.
'Cardiac Hill' has certainly lived up to its nickname, and trekking up the hill every day is keeping me in shape. Living in halls has also provided me with the opportunity to meet lots of people and I couldn't have asked for nicer flatmates. I would strongly recommend halls for anyone coming to Exeter as I've had such a great experience!
Having a communal kitchen made it so easy to socialise. I have thousands of pictures and videos from our time spent in that kitchen, whether it be for special occasions, or just hanging out in the evenings.
Undergraduate student living in Birks Grange Village