- Gain the practical skills to develop effective strategies to solve real-world issues and be able to apply a global context to a variety of businesses, wherever in the world you choose to work
- Be supported by the programme director in developing your own business plan in place of a dissertation, fostering practical and applied business skills, ensuring you stand out in a competitive graduate marketplace
- This is a flexible programme designed for ambitious students who want to launch a global career, with optional modules to tailor the programme to your interests
- Attend specialist workshops taught by leading international academics on issues relevant to international business, globalisation and sustainability
- Explore international business from a range of disciplines and stakeholder perspectives from Marketing and Economics, to Accounting and Finance
UK Business School of the Year
Times Higher Education Awards 2022
Accredited by AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB
Top 100 Financial Times ranked European Business School
Enhance your degree with Study Abroad opportunities
Accredited by: Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Association of MBAs (AMBA) and EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
A 2:2 with honours in any discipline from a recognised university. We do consider all applications where there is evidence of exceptional performance in modules relevant to the programme of study, significant relevant work experience or professional qualifications.
Pre-Masters programme for international students
The Graduate Diploma in Management run by the INTO University of Exeter Centre is a pre-Masters programme designed to enhance your subject knowledge, study skills and English ability. Successful completion of the Diploma (subject to achieving the specific grades of entry) gives students from overseas the skills needed for acceptance onto this Masters programme.
Entry requirements for international students
English language requirements
International students need to show they have the required level of English language to study this course. The required test scores for this course fall under Profile B. Please visit our English language requirements page to view the required test scores and equivalencies from your country.
This programme is available for study 12 months full-time over three terms and is University-based throughout this time. The taught components of the programme are delivered in the first two terms, leaving the third term and most of the summer to research, write and submit your business plan. The programme in its entirety runs from September to September.
UK fees per year:
International fees per year:
£1 million in Business School scholarships available
We want to ensure that postgraduate study remains accessible to the brightest minds of the future. We therefore have a range of full and part-fee scholarships for postgraduate students looking to study at the Business School in 2023. Please see our scholarships page for more information.
We invest heavily in scholarships for talented prospective Masters students and have over £2.5 million in scholarships available, including our Global Excellence Scholarships* for international fee paying students.
For information on how you can fund your postgraduate degree at the University of Exeter, please visit our dedicated funding page.
*Selected programmes only. Please see the Terms and Conditions for each scheme for further details.
Teaching and research
Our research is rated as world-leading or internationally excellent in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021.
Our research-led teaching is combined with practical experiences such as field trips and project work, so that you can apply your learning to real world scenarios. Upon graduation, you will have the skills and knowledge to pursue the career you want, wherever in the world you choose to work.
Our programmes cover a range of disciplines including entrepreneurship, international business, marketing, human resource management, and tourism. With strong links to organisations across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, and with professional organisations such as the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD), we ensure that your Masters degree is widely recognised in today’s global marketplace.
You will be taught by internationally respected academics who are at the forefront of their research. We draw upon disciplines across the social sciences and give emphasis to the dynamic nature of enterprise, global connectivity and the management and leadership of the global challenges that lie ahead.
The Business School is home to the following research centres:
- Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Centre for Simulation, Analytics and Modelling (CSAM)
- Exeter Centre for Social Networks (ECSN)
- Exeter Centre for Leadership (ExCL)
- Exeter Sustainable Finance Centre (ESF)
- Initiative in the Digital Economy at Exeter (INDEX)
- Land, Environment, Economics and Policy Institute (LEEP)
- Research Methods Centre
- Tax Administration Research Centre (TARC)
- The Exeter Centre for Circular Economy (ECCE)
The aim of the programme is to equip you with the skills required to solve real world problems and implement effective business strategies. I personally looking forward to mentoring you during your time at Exeter, to help you compete in today’s global marketplace.
Programme Director, MSc International Business
This flexible and innovative programme has been designed for ambitious students who want to launch a career across international cultures and be able to apply a global context to a variety of businesses, wherever in the world they choose to work.
As part of your learning experience you will attend specialist practical workshops equipping you with the knowledge and skills to tackle real world problems.
Graduates can look to work in a diverse range of roles including:
- International Business Director
- Marketing and Strategy Consultancy
- Procurement and Purchasing Manager
- Business and Commercial Analyst
- Brand Manager
- Human Resource Manager
Developing your skills and career prospects
The University of Exeter Business School provides a range of support to help you develop skills attractive to employers. Visit our postgraduate Business School careers service web page for more information.
Enhance your degree with Study Abroad opportunities
Spend your first year at Exeter and a second year at another world class international institution, resulting in two Masters degrees and the opportunity to expand your knowledge even further. We offer two fantastic Double Degree options with:
- Grenoble Ecole de Management in France
- Fudan University School of Economics in China*
For more information on Double Degrees and other postgraduate study abroad opportunities, visit the Business School’s Study Abroad webpages.