View more images of Birks Grange Village on Flickr.
Everyone was so inviting, they went out of their way to make the first day even better than I had expected.
Birks Grange Village resident (self catered)
Birks Grange Village (66)
Birks Grange Village
New North Road
Birks Grange Village key facts
Birks Grange Village is a state of the art eco residence built by our partners University Partnership Programme (UPP) providing townhouse, en-suite and studio accommodation.
Please be aware that essential repairs and improvement works, are scheduled to take place on a number of blocks at Birks Grange Village residences during the 2017/18 academic year. Further information is available on the 'Essential repairs and improvements' webpage.
There are 13 townhouses with 156 bedrooms in total. Each townhouse has 12 bedrooms on 3 floors with four bedrooms and two shower rooms on each floor. A shower room has a shower, toilet and hand basin so no wash basin is provided in any of the bedroom. Each of the townhouses has a shared kitchen/diner on the ground floor.
There are 286 single en-suite rooms with a shared kitchen/diner in cluster flats of up to eight rooms.
The 390 single studios are open-plan and include a double bed, workspace, en-suite bathroom (toilet, washbasin and shower) and small kitchenette/diner. Nine of these rooms are larger and available to student couples.
Residents are able to use the facilities in the Birks Grange Village Central Block, which is a catered residence.
Please note that the only blocks within Birks Grange Village which have an accessible lift are: H and F.
To see more images of this residence, please view our Flickr gallery.
This residence is managed by UPP.
- Undergraduates and postgraduates (in dedicated blocks)
- 40 week contract for townhouse, ensuite, studio rooms
- 51 week contract for studio
- 12 minute walk to centre of campus
- IPTV only - no aerial sockets provided
- Laundry facilities available
- Bike storage
- Adapted rooms in ensuite and studio blocks
- Nearby access to the Kay House Music Practice Room
|SC||Birks Grange Village||Studio||£6,213.33||£6,419.79||40|
|SC||Birks Grange Village||Studio||£7,928.12||£8,191.56||51*|
|SC||Birks Grange Village||Double Studio||£7,307.01||£7,549.74||40|
|SC||Birks Grange Village||En-suite||£5,493.51||£5,686.02||40|
|SC||Birks Grange Village||Townhouse||£5,090.95||£4,999.68||40|
* Students living in a 51 week contract should note that other rooms across Birks Grange Village may be used for commercial purposes during the summer vacation and so our residences are used by visitors of all ages.
Townhouse standard rooms at Birks Grange Village are approximately 9.9m2 (2904mm x 3406mm).
En-suite rooms at Birks Grange Village are approximately 14.7m2 (2756mm x 5316mm).
Single studios at Birks Grange Village are approximately 16.1m2 (2806mm x 5736mm).
Double studios at Birks Grange Village are approximately 32m2 (5600mm x 11460mm).
These measurements are a guide only. In some residences room sizes vary considerably.
All standard and en-suite rooms have single beds (six feet 10 inches by two feet 11 inches).
All studios have double beds (six feet 10 inches by four feet).
The mattresses are seven inches (20 cm) thick and standard fitted sheets may not fit these mattresses. We recommend for studios a flat sheet of 7' by 4'6" and for en-suite and townhouses a flat sheet of 7' by 4".
A safe is provided within Birks Grange Village blocks A-E en-suite rooms only.
Your postcode is depending on your block and room number
- Block F - EX4 4FS
- Block G - EX4 4FT
- Block H - EX4 4GP
- Block J floors LG to 1 - EX4 4FZ
- Block J floors 2 to 4 - EX4 4GD
- Block K - EX4 4GF
- Block L - EX4 4GG
- Block M - EX4 4GH
- Block N - EX4 4GJ
- Block P - EX4 4GJ
- Block Q - EX4 4GJ
Welcome to BGV and Duryard video
- Bed, wardrobe, desk and chair.
- Bookshelves, desk lamp or built-in lighting, noticeboard and waste bin.
- High speed wired and wireless network/internet from StudentCom.
- IPTV is available via your computer. For more information on IPTV visit the StudentCom website and choose the 'TV package' option. IPTV is available via your computer. Please note you will still need a TV Licence to watch live TV from any device.
- Arrange a telephone for your room with StudentCom (pre-arrival).
- Shower, washbasin and toilet facilities in en-suite and studio rooms.
Shared kitchens have a cooker with oven, hob and grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, water boiler/kettle, dining table, chairs and an ironing board. You will need to bring pots and pans, cutlery and crockery.
Studios have a microwave or combi-oven, hob, fridge with freezer compartment, water boiler or kettle. Our studios at Birks Grange Village and Lafrowda also have a dining table and chairs. Access to ironing boards can be arranged with your residence management team.
The quantity of items provided depends on the size of the flat. You will need to provide pots and pans, cutlery and crockery.
Please see our Cleaning and Kitchen Equipment User Guide for information on how to use the gas and electrical equipment within kitchens and information on cleaning.
All meals are included for residents of our catered accommodation (Birks Grange, Exeter Halls, Mardon Hall and Moberly House). If you are a visitor or are living in self catered residences you are more than welcome to purchase a meal at a catered hall throughout the term and join us at one of our themed events.
You can bring guests to meals in hall by purchasing a guest voucher (valid on the day of purchase only) from the Dining Room, Manager’s office or Reception before the meal available at one of our Catered Halls. You will need to hand in the receipt at the servery.
Please see the price information below:
|Self Catered Students||Visitor|