Birks Grange Village
Birks Grange Village key facts
Birks Grange Village is a state of the art eco residence built by our partners University Partnership Programme (UPP) providing townhouse, en-suite and studio accommodation.
Townhouses have 12 bedrooms (156 in total) and a shared kitchen/diner on the ground floor. There are four bedrooms and two shower/toilet pods on each floor.
There are 286 single en-suite rooms with a shared kitchen/diner in cluster flats of up to eight rooms.
The 390 single studios are open-plan and include a double bed, workspace, en-suite bathroom (toilet, washbasin and shower) and small kitchenette/diner. Nine of these rooms are larger and available to student couples.
Residents are able to use the facilities in the Birks Grange Village Central Block, which is a catered residence.
This residence is managed by UPP.
- Undergraduates and postgraduates (in dedicated blocks)
- 40 week contract for townhouse, en-suite and studio rooms; 51 week contract for studio
- 12 minute walk to centre of Streatham campus
- Close to music facilities at Kay House
- Wifi from September 2013
- IPTV only - no aerial sockets provided
- Bike storage
- Laundry facilities available
- Adapted rooms in en-suite and studio blocks
- Underbed storage
- Nearby access to the Kay House Music Practice Room
The prices below are the contract length total per room.
|SC||Birks Grange Village||Studio||£5,717.60||£5,888.40||40|
|SC||Birks Grange Village||Studio||£7,289.94||£7,507.71||51|
|SC||Birks Grange Village||Double Studio||£8,568.00||N/A||51|
|SC||Birks Grange Village||Double Studio||N/A||£6,921.60||40|
|SC||Birks Grange Village||En-suite||£5,152.00||£5,336.80||40|
|SC||Birks Grange Village||Townhouse||£4,659.20||£4,824.40||40|
See how the cost of this residence compares with other residences on our 2014/2015 fees pages.
What is provided?
- Bed, wardrobe, desk and chair, bookshelves, desk lamp or built-in lighting, noticeboard and waste bin.
- High speed wired and wireless network/internet from StudentCom.
- IPTV is available via your computer.
- Arrange a telephone for your room with StudentCom.
- Shower, washbasin and toilet facilities in en-suite and studio rooms.
All standard and en-suite rooms have single beds (six feet 10 inches by two feet 11 inches). All studios have double beds (six feet 10 inches by four feet). The mattresses are seven inches (20 cm) thick so fitted sheets are not recommended.
Birks Grange Village is number 66 on the map below.
The above map is a zoomed in shot to show you what's in the immediate vicinity of this residence.
View more pictures of the University of Exeter's accommodation on Flickr.
Everyone was so inviting, they went out of their way to make the first day even better than I had expected.
Birks Grange Village (Self Catered) resident