Arrivals and Freshers 2018
For further information on Arrivals Weekend for 2018/19 please click on a question below to reveal an answer.
Arrivals weekend will take place on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 September 2018. If you are staying in Lafrowda, Rowe, St German's and Birks Grange Village self-catered accommodation, please note that arrivals will also take place on Friday 14 September 2018 and welcome activities will be available from this date. Full details of Freshers events for Arrivals Weekend will be available on the Student Guild website.
Once you have accepted your offer of accommodation with the University of Exeter via our online system, you will need to book an arrival slot for Arrivals Weekend 2018/19. Information on when this system is available to you will be sent by email.
Students who have accepted an offer for one of our nominated residences: Point Exe, Northfield, Northernhay House or The Printworks are not required to complete the online induction or book an arrival time. You will be contacted by your specific residence directly in order to arrange your arrival.
If your arrival time is outside of the opening hours of the reception for your residence, you will need to contact the reception team to make arrangements directly with them to collect your keys, please see our Residence Receptions webpage and look at the 'other' tab to see their contact information. If you do not make arrangements in advance of your arrival, you will need to find alternative accommodation overnight.
Due to the number of timed arrival slots available, accommodation blocks may have a limited number of residents until the end of arrivals weekend. Some students may choose not to arrive for Freshers Week therefore rooms may remain unoccupied until the start of the academic year.
We encourage students who will be staying within University of Exeter residences to not arrive at the University of Exeter any earlier than the arrivals weekend. However, we do understand that arriving early can sometimes not be helped. Please visit our dedicated early arrivals webpage for further information on this process.
Many of our residence receptions are open until 10:00pm on Saturday and Sunday night (Friday for residences open from that date) and you can arrive up to that time by booking an arrival slot via our online check-in system (see our 'how to' video).
If you plan to arrive after 10:00pm on any evening over arrivals weekend, please contact the Accommodation Office from Tuesday 28 August 2018 giving details of your planned arrival date and time so we can make arrangements for your arrival and let you have details about arriving after hours.
Students who have accepted an offer for one of our nominated residences: Point Exe, Northfield, Northernhay House or The Printworks are not required to complete the online induction or book an arrival time. You will be contacted by your specific residence directly in order to arrange your arrival. Please see information below about their opening times over this weekend:
- Point Exe - Open 9.00am to 4.30pm Saturday 15 - Sunday 16 September - book a slot directly with Point Exe.
- Northfield - Open 9:00am to 4.00pm both Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 September - no need to book a slot, you can just arrive.
- Northernhay House - 9:00am to 4.00pm both Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 September - no need to book a slot, you can just arrive.
- The Printworks - Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - no need to book a slot. If you wish to arrange an earlier arrival, please arrange directly with The Printworks.
You will still need to book an arrival time even if you do not plan to arrive over the Arrival's Weekend. You will receive an email when you are able to access this system.
From 17 September 2018 onwards you should go to your residence reception during their opening hours to arrange to access your room.
If you are living in University of Exeter accommodation, please refer to the information below, however, if you are going to be living within one of our nominated residences, please contact your residence reception directly with any queries.
- Complete our online induction, which will be available from the beginning of August and read the residents information. This will answer many frequently asked questions about your arrival at Exeter and help you get to know your University accommodation.
- Book an arrival time through our online system which will be available from beginning of August to those students who have confirmed their accommodation contract with us.
- Complete your student registration online - open from early September.
- Check your policy details and level of insurance cover through Endsleigh by entering in the policy number HH1134* and to find out if you need to extend the cover for valuable items such as laptops, cameras, musical instruments, bikes and mobile phones. See the 2018/19 Endsleigh Certificate of Insurance for further information.
* If you're living in Lafrowda, Rowe House, St Germans, Birks Grange Village (self-catered) or Duryard then these are our UPP residences and you should review your policy using policy number HH1109F.
- Register with Glide Student in order to receive high speed wired and wireless network/internet. Please register using the links below:
The Glide Student user guides are now available in 8 languages which include: Arabic, Cantonese, French, Greek, Italian, Mandarin, Russian and Spanish. Please view their website to download your copy.
We have devised a useful checklist for to advise you of what to bring with you to your accommodation. Please see below:
There are many items including starter packs and bedding packs available through Click2Campus (please check your residence's webpage for bed sizes). These packs can be delivered to your accommodation reception in time for your arrival.
Please see the video below which provides you with a step by step guide on how to complete your online eInduction for accommodation.
Please see the video below which provides you with a step by step guide on how to book your arrival slot ready for your arrival at your University of Exeter residence.
On Tuesday 10 July 2018 our Accommodation Coordinator, Catherine, took part in a live Facebook Q&A. Take a look to see if she has answered any questions which will be relevant to you joining us for the 2018/19 academic year.
Video: what to bring to University
A film by current students on what to bring with you to University.