Arrivals and Freshers 2017
For further information on Arrivals Weekend for 2017/18 please click on a question below to reveal an answer.
Arrivals weekend will take place on Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 September 2017. If you are staying in Lafrowda, Rowe, St German's and Birks Grange Village self-catered accommodation, please note that arrivals will also take place on Friday 15 September 2017 and welcome activities will be available from this date. Full details of Freshers events for Arrivals Weekend will be available on the Student Guild website.
Once you have accepted your offer of accommodation with the University of Exeter via our on-line system, you will need to book an arrival slot for Arrivals Weekend 2017/18. Information on when this system is available to you will be sent by email.
Students who have accepted an offer for one of our nominated residences: Clifton Place, Point Exe, Northfield, Northernhay House or The Printworks are not required to complete the online induction or book an arrival time. You will be contacted by your specific residence directly in order to arrange your arrival. Please see information below about their opening times over this weekend:
- Clifton Place - Open 9:00am - 5:30pm Friday 15; 9.00am to 4.30pm on Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 September. If you are arriving outside of these times, you will need to find alternative accommodation overnight. Alternatively, please contact Clifton Place directly prior to your arrival to make arrangements.
- Point Exe - Open 9.00am to 4.30pm Saturday 16 - Sunday 17 September.
- Northfield - Open 9am to 5.30pm Saturday 16 September and 9am to 5pm Sunday 17 September.
- Northernhay House - Open 9am to 5.30pm Saturday 16 September and 9am to 5pm Sunday 17 September.
- The Printworks - Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If your arrival time is outside of the opening hours of the reception for your residence, you will need to contact the reception team to make arrangements directly with them to collect your keys, please see our Residence Receptions webpage and look at the 'other' tab to see their contact information. If you do not make arrangements in advance of your arrival, you will need to find alternative accommodation overnight.
Due to the number of timed arrival slots available, accommodation blocks may have a limited number of residents until the end of arrivals weekend. Some students may choose not to arrive for Freshers Week therefore rooms may remain unoccupied until the start of the academic year.
We encourage students who will be staying within University of Exeter residences to not arrive at the University of Exeter any earlier than the arrivals weekend. However, we do understand that arriving early can sometimes not be helped. Please visit our website and look under the 'early arrivals' heading for further information on this process.
Many of our residence receptions are open until 10pm on Saturday and Sunday night (Friday for residences open from that date) and you can arrive up to that time by booking an arrival slot via our online check-in system (see our 'how to' video).
If you plan to arrive after 10pm on any evening over arrivals weekend, please contact the Accommodation Office from Tuesday 29 August 2017 giving details of your planned arrival date and time so we can make arrangements for your arrival and let you have details about arriving after hours.
You will still need to book an arrival time even if you do not plan to arrive over the Arrival's Weekend. You will receive an email when you are able to access this system.
From 18 September 2017 onwards you should go to your residence reception during their opening hours to arrange to access your room.
If you are living in University of Exeter accommodation, please refer to the information below, however, if you are going to be living within one of our nominated residences, please contact your residence reception directly with any queries.
- Complete our online induction, which will be available from the beginning of August and read the 2017/18 Residents' Handbook. This will answer many frequently asked questions about your arrival at Exeter and help you get to know your University accommodation.
- Book an arrival time through our online system which will be available from beginning of August to those students who have confirmed their accommodation contract with us.
- Complete your student registration online - open from early September.
- Check your policy details and level of insurance cover through Endsleigh by entering in the policy number HH1134 and to find out if you need to extend the cover for valuable items such as laptops, cameras, musical instruments, bikes and mobile phones. Please also view the 2017/18 Certificate of Insurance.
- Register with StudentCom in order to receive high speed wired and wireless network/internet. The StudentCom user guides are now available in 8 languages which include: Arabic, Cantonese, French, Greek, Italian, Mandarin, Russian and Spanish. Please view their website to download your copy.
We have devised a useful checklist for to advise you of what to bring with you to your accommodation. Please see below:
There are many items including starter packs and bedding packs available through Click2Campus (please check your residence's webpage for bed sizes). These packs can be delivered to your accommodation reception in time for your arrival.
Please see the video below which provides you with a step by step guide on how to complete your online eInduction for accommodation.
Please see the video below which provides you with a step by step guide on how to book your arrival slot ready for your arrival at your University of Exeter residence.
Video: what to bring to University
A film by current students on what to bring with you to University.