Arrivals and Freshers Week
When is Arrivals Weekend?
Arrivals Weekend for 2018/19 will be take place between Friday 14* - Sunday 16 September 2018.
*Please note that only certain residences are able to arrive on the Friday.
What happens over this weekend?
With over 5,500 students arriving during our arrival period, we stagger arrivals to ease congestion both in the city and on the campuses. More detailed and residence specific information will be available here from the beginning of August 2018. Below we have highlighted some of the key points:
- Keys will be available for collection between 10:00am and 6:00pm on your arrival day.
- Car arrivals: If you are arriving by car, 20 minute slots will be allocated in advance to park close to your residence to unload your belongings. After that time you will be asked to move your vehicle to one of the University’s central car parks or City Centre Parking so that other residents can unload.
- For information about what to bring with you and for useful information about our accommodation, view our videos on Youtube or see our Moving In Checklist
- Please see our maps showing the locations of the residences or maps and directions for specific information about our campus
- Keys, fobs or cards for all residences are available from individual residential receptions
Further information about Arrivals and Freshers Week can be found within the 'new students' section of the university website.
- If you arrive outside of the hours specified above you may have to find overnight accommodation in the city and collect your keys the next working day
- If you know you are going to arrive late, please tell us as soon as possible, to avoid your room being re-allocated to another student
In order to assist you with your arrival we have a large team of staff and Welcome Week volunteers who will accompany you to your new room, offer guidance and answer any questions you may have.