- The University of Exeter & your career
- My Career Zone
- Career research
- Skills training and events
- Part-time jobs
- Graduate jobs
- CVs, applications, interviews
- Global employability
- Enterprise and self-employment
- Postgraduate Researchers and Research Staff
- Information for graduates
- Information for employers
- Information for staff
- Contact us
The University of Exeter Career Mentor Scheme - open to all students
The Career Mentor Scheme gives all current students the opportunity to work on a one-to-one basis with a professional working in their chosen future profession. These mentors can provide guidance, insight, contacts and general employability support to students who might otherwise not have any professional connections.
If you are a professional interested in mentoring a student, please see our mentor pages.
Our mentors include successful alumni of the University, business people, and other professionals with links to the University. Our mentors are based all over the UK and overseas with knowledge of their industries and recruitment processes.
Any questions about the scheme can be sent to Jane Harding. Alternatively, you can speak to Jane in person in in the Career Zone within the Forum on a Monday or Thursday afternoon 2pm-5pm. For details, please log into My Career Zone and view "all available appointments"
- Read more from students who have taken part in the scheme
- Read a mentor's perspective on the scheme
- See information for prospective mentors
- Open to all students across all University of Exeter campuses.
- It is a competitive process and only one student can be matched to one mentor.
- Students will not be able to apply without identifying a mentor who they would like to work with, from the list provided on My Career Zone.
- We have tried to identify a range of mentoring opportunities based on previous student requests, and the areas identified through My Career Zone as popular amongst students.
- Reasonable funding will be available to enable each student to see their mentor once.
The Mentors below are just a sample of what is available, the full list of career mentoring opportunities can be found in My Career Zone (under current jobs- mentoring opportunities).