Business interruption insurance can provide cover for loss of research time, materials and equipment.

Business interruption

It provides cover for additional expenses and a reduction in income following a physical loss. This could be a flood or fire resulting in damage to University buildings or equipment /other contents where, for example, research material is destroyed. It is essential that the claim for lost materials and research time is presented to insurers in a form they can analyse and understand. We can help you submit a claim and the earlier you contact us the easier it is.

Cover will not apply where the physical loss is not covered under the University's property insurance.