Potential vacancy arises
Assess the requirement to recruit to new post, or to refill existing post (your HR Business Partner is available to assist you with this):
- is the role/function still required?
- could the role/function be carried out by redistributing duties to other staff?
- could the duties be outsourced – cost implications?
- is the post full-time or part-time?
- do you need someone permanently or for a short period of time? (fixed term)
- does the job description need updating?
Do you wish to advertise for internal only candidates?
Those people that can apply for internal only vacancies are as follows:-
- Those employed on a formal University of Exeter contract of employment on the main payroll, this includes Graduate Business Partners working at the University.
- Those workers that are working on a casual basis on the University’s claims payroll, including casual claimants, workers engaged through the Temporary Staff Bank and Graduate Teaching Assistants, provided that they have worked for 1 month or more and that are currently within an assignment with the University at the time the vacancy appears.
If you have questions or queries in relation to internal vacancies, your HR Business Partner is available to assist you with this.