Please make sure you read the University travel policy.
Need help following an incident?
In the event of an emergency whilst travelling overseas, provided you have registered your trip using the International Travel Form, the University's travel insurer, Aviva can be contacted on +44 (0) 1243 621066.
Please quote the following information:
Reference: NUBT 0105
Policyholder: University of Exeter
Policy number: 100003933GPA
- Colleges in case of incident please refer to the overseas travel - dealing with an adverse incident overseas document.
- Travellers please refer to your travel insurance documents that were emailed to you when you registered your travel.
Registering your travel and receiving your travel insurance documents
- You do not need to have booked your travel to register your trip for travel insurance purposes.
- Complete the International travel form. By completing this form (and the safety in the field / Risk Assessment form) staff and post-graduates can be assured that their travel is covered through the University's insurance and you will automatically receive your insurance documents via email.
- Please refer to the guidance note for help on completing the International Travel Form.
- This form is only for travel outside England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.
In order to help you understand the risks in the country you are visiting, please refer to red24 site: www.red24.com/aviva and follow these steps:
Step 1: To register as a user on the Aviva page, please enter the policy number 100003933GPA in to the box indicated and then click on the 'proceed' button.
Step 3: You're done! You can now access and sign up to the range of red24 services under our Aviva policy for free. Please note there is an option in the top right hand side of the page to amend your personal preferences.
Step 4: To log in again in the future all you need to do is put your email address and the password you have set in to the boxes on the right hand side of the page. Please note: You do not need to register again.
Changes or cancellations to travel details
If you change your travel details or cancel your trip please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following in your email:
- The travellers name
- Form ID - this can be found on your confirmation email.
- Changes to your travel.
Current Sanctioned Countries
Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Mali, North Korea, Somalia, Syria, & Yemen
Please provide us with fourteen days notice in respect of travel to the above countries as Aviva will not provide insurance cover and we are required to arrange insurance cover separately.
No cover under the serious disruption section of the policy (including evacuation) will apply to travel to any of the following areas:
Governorates of: Baghdad, Anbar, Salah ad-Din, Kirkuk, Diyala, Ninewa, Karbala, Babil.
Please contact us with 14 days notice to enable us to arrange cover, for which an additional cost may apply.
Once you have completed the International Travel Form:
- Wait for the international travel tracker form confirmation email
- Click 'Visa letter for [your name]'
- Put headed paper in your printer
- Print the visa letter on headed paper
When applying for your visa please ensure that you submit the policy summary, along with your visa letter. The policy summary is linked to the email which is sent to you after your travel is registered on the international travel form.
Undergraduate travel insurance
- If you are a member of staff organising a field trip for undergraduates please complete the Undergraduate Field Trip Travel Insurance (Overseas Trips) form. All staff members and post-graduates will need to complete the international travel form.
- If you are an undergraduate going on a year abroad please visit the University of Exeter Undergraduate Travel Insurance webpage.
Bribery Act 2010
Please be aware: Small payments made to government officials or others to make something happen, or happen sooner, (commonly called facilitation payments) are likely to be bribes and unlawful under the Act even if these payments are made outside the UK.
How to extract traveller data from the Red24 website
Please see the document Guidance Note - How to Use the Red24 Reporting Tool