Please make sure you read the University travel policy.
The University has changed its travel insurer to Aviva with effect from 31/10/2015.
There is no change to the cover but with effect from 31/10/2015 the emergency telephone number is: +44 (0) 1243 621066.
Please quote the following information:
Reference: NUBT 0105
Policyholder: University of Exeter
Policy number: 100003933GPA
Registering your travel and receiving your travel insurance documents
- You do not need to have booked your travel to register your trip for travel insurance purposes.
- Complete the International travel form. By completing this form (and the safety in the field / Risk Assessment form if necessary) staff and post-graduates can be assured that their travel is covered through the University's insurance and you will automatically receive your insurance documents via email.
- Please refer to the guidance note for help on completing the International Travel Form.
- This form is only for travel outside England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales. There is no travel insurance available for travel within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Zika Virus Outbreak
The Zika virus is a virus transmitted to people primarily through the bite of an infected Aedes species mosquito.
Provided you complete the online International Travel Form, the University's Insurers are currently able to provide full travel insurance cover for your trip.
If you are travelling to an area where the Zika virus is prevalent your risk assessment should include mention of the Zika virus and any mitigating measures you will take to avoid being bitten by insects which cause the virus.
For advice about travelling to all countries where the Zika virus is reported see http://www.cdc.gov/zika/geo/index.html.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has issued a global warning; further information and advice can be found at WHO - Zika Virus.
Current Sanctioned Countries
Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Mali, North Korea, Somalia, Syria, & Yemen
Please provide us with fourteen days notice in respect of travel to the above countries as Aviva will not provide insurance cover and we are required to arrange insurance cover separately.
No cover under the serious disruption section of the policy (including evacuation) will apply to travel to any of the following areas:
Governorates of: Baghdad, Anbar, Salah ad-Din, Kirkuk, Diyala, Ninewa, Karbala, Babil.
Please contact us with 14 days notice to enable us to arrange cover, for which an additional cost will apply.
High risk travel
- If your travel falls into the High risk travel category eg field work, field trip involving students or travel to an extreme risk country then the leader of the trip is responsible for ensuring that a safety in the field / Risk Assessment form is completed.
- In order to help you understand the risks in the country you are visiting and please refer to Red 24 site: www.red24.com/aviva
Step 1: To register as a user on the Aviva page, please enter the policy number 100003933GPA into the box indicated and then click on the 'proceed' button.
Step 3: You're done! You can now access and sign up to the range of red24 services under our Aviva policy for free. Please note there is an option in the top right hand side of the page to change your personal preferences.
Step 4: To log in again in the future all you need to do is put your email address and password you have set into the boxes on the right hand side of the page. Please note: You do not need to register again.
Changes or cancellations to travel details
If you change your travel details or cancel your trip please email email@example.com. Please include the following details in your email:
- The travellers name.
- Form ID – this can be found on your confirmation email.
- Changes to your travel.
In case of incident
- Colleges in case of incident please refer to the overseas travel – dealing with an adverse overseas travel - dealing with an adverse incident overseas.
- Travellers please refer to your travel insurance documents that were emailed to you when you registered your travel.
Please complete the international travel form, once you have completed the international travel form:
- Wait for the international travel tracker form confirmation email
- Click 'Visa letter for [your name]'
- Put headed paper in your printer
- Print the visa letter on headed paper
When applying for your visa please ensure that you submit the policy summary, along with your visa letter. The policy summary is linked to the email which is sent to you after your travel is registered on the international travel form.
Undergraduate travel insurance
- If you are a member of staff organising a field trip for undergraduates please complete the Undergraduate Field Trip Travel Insurance (Overseas Trips) form. All staff members and post-graduates will need to complete the international travel form.
- If you are an undergraduate going on a year abroad please visit the University of Exeter Undergraduate Travel Insurance webpage.
Bribery Act 2010
Please be aware: Small payments made to government officials or others to make something happen, or happen sooner, (commonly called facilitation payments) are likely to be bribes and unlawful under the Act even if these payments are made outside the UK.
What it means for the University?
By following the international travel procedures. This will allow the University to:
- Alert or update travellers with messages in the event of emergencies while in-country.
- Log efficiently details of proposed travel abroad (for insurance purposes).
- Provide guidance relevant to travel, eg updates on country info that may inform decisions as whether or not to visit a particular country.
- Allow easy interrogation of collective data – eg to filter who is going to a particular country at a given date – in order that such information may be utilised for overseas marketing purposes. This information will be accessed via key contacts in Professional Services. The data will be online and can be downloaded into a spreadsheet for further analysis.
How to extract traveller data from the Red24 website
Please see the document Guidance Note - How to Use the Red24 Reporting Tool