Courses and resources
Health and Safety: Biological COSHH for Laboratory Users
Health and Safety
About this course:
This course will help you understand the risks of using biological agents in the laboratory and the control measures required to manage them.
It will also explain the differences between a biological COSHH risk assessment and a regular COSHH assessment.
By the end of the session you will:.
- Be able to identify biological substances and categorise them.
- Describe the hazards of biological substances.
- Explain the principles of biological containment.
- Be familiar with control measures for biological hazards.
- Carry out a biological COSHH risk assessment.
Who should attend this course:
Users of biological containment laboratories.
Dr Russell Leek.
Learning Provider: This course is administered by People Development; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Please add yourself to the waiting list and we will contact you once dates are available.