Courses and resources
Campus Services: Asbestos Awareness
Mandatory/Essential to Role
About this course:
The course follows HSE guidance on instruction in Asbestos hazards within the workplace.
As a result of attending this course, you will be able to:.
- Explain why asbestos containing materials can be harmful and need to be treated as a hazardous substance.
- Describe the ill-health effects that asbestos can have.
- List the measures needed to eliminate or reduce the risks from asbestos.
- List the necessary emergency procedures.
- Explain what the responsibilities of employers and employees are under health and safety law.
Who should attend this course:
Property Services and Estate Development Services staff who may work with or come into contact with Asbestos containing materials during their normal work activities.
For Estate Services employees please can you forward your request for Asbestos Awareness training to Estateservicestraining@exeter.ac.uk .
Ian Wakeham (Wakeham Asbestos Services Ltd)
What previous participants have said about the course:
"Was useful to know where asbestos is common in the workplace".
"The most valuable part was learning about the colours and types of asbestos".
This course is administered by People Development; please contact email@example.com for any queries.
Please add yourself to the waiting list and we will contact you once dates are available.